Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I peeled the Stickers off the Sun Visors and they left a goo behind.

Any ideas of how to get this goo off?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Airik said:
So I peeled the Stickers off the Sun Visors and they left a goo behind.

Any ideas of how to get this goo off?
Goo Gone! Don't know if they have it for you canuks, but you can try.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I took mine off with a little help using a hair dryer. Came straight off, no goo, no cleaning. Otherwise, I use lighter fluid.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can use goo gone on fabric without bleaching?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Trythisonforsize said:
Goo Gone! Don't know if they have it for you canuks, but you can try.
Yup, you can get it at Canadian Tire or just about any other store.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I had two stickers on my visors. The top one had English and French, which came off very easy, and left no residue on the fabric and left a sticky film on the original factory sticker that was under it (that sticker is in English only).

I can't even get a finger nail under that second sticker! I'm a little scared of what kind of a mess it might leave on the visor.

I really hate those stickers though, I wish they had just used some kind of a tab thing like the label that sticks out of the glove box.

·
Registered
23 Posts
goo gone doesnt really do anything to remove the sticky on the backside of the stickers, i pulled one off (it left the residue) then i used a haird dryer on the other sticker and it came off fine. i took goo gone to the hair dryered sticker to see if it wouild even remove the sticky and it doesnt.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
There are several places that sell metal plates that can be installed over the stickers to cover them up. And most places will engrave them however you want. Or I know a guy who does custom interior work and will re-cover your visors if you take them out and send them to him. Can even do embroidery on them if you want. Very reasonable prices on them too.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
has anybody else removed their english label (if you have two, the smaller one under the bigger one) and noticed a difference in colour of the visor where it was?

Mine seems to have a different material or something there?:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes where my labels were the visor is a slightly different shade of grey, it seems to be the same material though. It still looks better than the huge yellow warning sticker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts