Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having ordered my Caliber on the 27th of October, and discovering this forum on the same day, I read with interest the stories of extended waits for delivery. Many of those posts seemed to be a bit earlier in the earlier in the year and I am not seeing as much discussion now. So, just wondering what kind of wait times for delivery people are experiencing now. Has any one who ordered in August received there new car yet?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered mine in midJuly and am supposed to get it today or tomorrow.

However, I refused to get one without electronic stability control, which was a late-availability option, so even if I had ordered it in May, I still would've had to wait for ESP to become available. There's only been a few shipped to our state so far with ESP.

If I understand correctly, they've worked all the bugs out of the system and so wait times are expected to go down a bit - but there are still tons of orders already in the system.

Other things that will affect wait time:
Your dealer - each dealer only has a specific number of allocations for Calibers. If your dealer has already ordered his fill, you'll be on the end of that list. Some dealers will tell you this, but most won't. The number each dealer is allowed varies - I think based on previous Neon sales, but I'm not sure.

The type/options/even color: They built the cars in shifts, so if they're building all RTs right now, you'd have to wait until the SE or SXT is being made. I think this may be true for options and colors as well. I don't know of a way to check the schedule for this, but maybe someone else on here would know.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ordnance1 said:
Having ordered my Caliber on the 27th of October, and discovering this forum on the same day, I read with interest the stories of extended waits for delivery. Many of those posts seemed to be a bit earlier in the earlier in the year and I am not seeing as much discussion now. So, just wondering what kind of wait times for delivery people are experiencing now. Has any one who ordered in August received there new car yet?
Yeah I'm curious to know as well. I ordered Oct. 11th and have a feeling I won't be getting my car before the end of the year. They said 3 to 6 weeks. I doubt it. I've prepared myself in my mind for a 4 month wait so that I don't get impatient.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congrats! I know the feeling! I got mine last friday :D :D :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered mine on July 12th and it has not been built yet.

SXT Sport
Sunburst Orange
Fully loaded except for sunroof and leather seats

1 - 7 of 7 Posts