Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!
When i take my Cali in for its first oilchange, i will have them look into some problems i am having. If nothing is found with one of them....do they charge me for service time? I mean...if a prob is fixed..well... it is under warranty....but if i say "rattle in the sprocket"...and none is found....do they charge me 30 min. labor?
Thanks in advance!
To save time with future posts by anyone....here are the probs:
Leaky rear washer nozzle,rattle from speakers,rattle from passenger side fender/door area at speeds above 60km/hr,chillzone door staying closed,air conditioning not cold at all,passenger airbag sensor intermittant....only works 25% of the time seat is empty,when stopped at light and gas pressed....hessitant and sounds like a tractor for 3 seconds,sliding armrest slides TOO well.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Depends on the quality of the dealership. My dealer rarely charges especially if the vehicle is under the factory warranty. If its under an extended warranty even a Chrysler one they are more prone to charge a diagnostic fee if the item in question is found not to be covered item.

Some dealers state a 1 hour labor fee will be charged but credited towards any repairs and waived if under warranty. Again, my dealer rarely will actually charge but many others do every time. Best to ask first.

·
Registered
63 Posts
umf said:
Hi everyone!
When i take my Cali in for its first oilchange, i will have them look into some problems i am having. If nothing is found with one of them....do they charge me for service time? I mean...if a prob is fixed..well... it is under warranty....but if i say "rattle in the sprocket"...and none is found....do they charge me 30 min. labor?
Thanks in advance!
Just took my Cali in this morning for its first oil change. I asked them to check the rear wiper and the exhaust pinging. After they were done, the service guy told me that Chrysler is coming out with a fix for the rear washer leak, and that the pinging is the exhaust contracting, and there is no fix as of yet. He said that someone else had their muffler replaced, and that it worked for "a while". Also as of yesterday, 7/7/06, there is a recall, #F29, in the thermostat diagnostic software, and I told them to go ahead and do that while I was there. No charge for labor on anything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
dianicess said:
Just took my Cali in this morning for its first oil change. I asked them to check the rear wiper and the exhaust pinging. After they were done, the service guy told me that Chrysler is coming out with a fix for the rear washer leak, and that the pinging is the exhaust contracting, and there is no fix as of yet. He said that someone else had their muffler replaced, and that it worked for "a while". Also as of yesterday, 7/7/06, there is a recall, #F29, in the thermostat diagnostic software, and I told them to go ahead and do that while I was there. No charge for labor on anything.
Thanks for the heads-up on the thermostat software. I wonder if that's the problem DodgeGirlKathy had a month ago?

·
Registered
901 Posts
trialx said:
Thanks for the heads-up on the thermostat software. I wonder if that's the problem DodgeGirlKathy had a month ago?
nope. mine was a cracked housing. no software involved, just a random bad part.

edit: hmmm. I just read the post from TommyLee where he quoted the recall notice (http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21853&postcount=16). I'm pretty sure the malfunction indicator lamp (aka "check engine" lamp) did NOT illuminate when my problem happened, although the engine temp warning lamp DID light up and chime. That was all I needed to see to pull over and stop anyway. But still, interesting. hmmm....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts