Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I bought some Jacques Villeneuve Paint Cleaner & Wax 1-Step for $4.99 last spring. It was reduced from $18.99. It's made in Germany by SONAX. They were getting rid of it because they're no longer sponsors of his F1 ride. I was so pleased with it I went back and bought the remaining 4 bottles. Lots of waxing details on this thread including a new Brazilian method....http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1695

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I only use maguire's 3 stage wax..takes along time to use but the results are amazing...it's not the cheap though. it cost me about 30 bucks for all 3 bottles. inbetween wax jobs I use thier quick detail spray. works very very well.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I agree with Boostdog.....Meguiar's is real good, but this time around with my caliber I went with Mother's California Gold.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Being HSKR is out to sea right now, I will unofficially put his vote in for:

Zaino! :D :D :D

Eventhough I have not tried it, I think I will this Spring/ Summer

My Vote:

I use alot of Meguiars products and seem to have good results using them!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Being HSKR is out to sea right now, I will unofficially put his vote in for:

Zaino! :D :D :D

Eventhough I have not tried it, I think I will this Spring/ Summer

My Vote:

I use alot of Meguiars products and seem to have good results using them!

LOL.......I knew that was going to come out soon, just didn't expect it from you Xtreme Thunder!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont want to get "shot" here, but i actually dont like meguairs. Ive used in my past job(detailer) and im just not a big fan of it. Id rather use turtle wax or Nuwax.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
_CALIBER_ said:
i dont want to get "shot" here, but i actually dont like meguairs. Ive used in my past job(detailer) and im just not a big fan of it. Id rather use turtle wax or Nuwax.
Shoot you?...nah, we will just have to think of something else to do with ya!:D:D:p:cool:

I want to try that "Ice" wax, I can't remember who makes it though...maybe Turtle Wax makes it?!?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
_CALIBER_ said:
yeah i think it is turtle. Its ok stuff. a little hard to take off unless you use a buffer.
Thanks for the heads up. I think I will try it, I will have to see. There is soo much I want to try, only if Spring and Summer came quicker!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ditto!!! I hate the winter.......Can't wait till it gets warm enough to detail the heck out of my Caliber.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I use Eagle One Nano Wax. Stuff works great and you dont have to break your arms going in circles. Per directions on the back of the bottle use the aplicator pad to apply wax going from side to side then wipe off with microfiber towel.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Shoot you?...nah, we will just have to think of something else to do with ya!:D:D:p:cool:

I want to try that "Ice" wax, I can't remember who makes it though...maybe Turtle Wax makes it?!?
Turtle wax "ice" is pretty good but it is not a wax. It is classified as a synthetic polish. I just tried it out last week and the only tip i will give you...use sparingly! If you put too much on in areas, it never really "dries to a haze" as they put it. Just a thin coat....and keep MORE than 1 microfibre cloth on hand. It'll take 2-3 at least. Just my thoughts! The one good thing is you can use in direct sunlight....no probs!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Some guys on the Mercedes forum swear by this stuff - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant topped with Pinnacle Souverän or P21S Concours Carnauba Car Wax, for a protection and shine that no one can touch! at....
http://www.autogeek.net/carwax.html

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
High-Calibur Driver said:
Turtle wax "ice" is pretty good but it is not a wax. It is classified as a synthetic polish. I just tried it out last week and the only tip i will give you...use sparingly! If you put too much on in areas, it never really "dries to a haze" as they put it. Just a thin coat....and keep MORE than 1 microfibre cloth on hand. It'll take 2-3 at least. Just my thoughts! The one good thing is you can use in direct sunlight....no probs!
Thanks for the tips! Appreciated! I know, I always go through 1 microfibre cloth with any wax/ polish I use. When I get a pile of them, I just toss them in the washer! (Not with other clothes though, that would be weird;))

Spring/ Summer; Come NOW!!!:D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Best looking results I got came from this combination:

1) Rinse car for debris
2) Wash car with Mr. Clean Auto Dry tool, Meguiar's NXT car wash and use the soft water feature on the Mr. Clean
3) Dry standing water beads with silicone water blade
4) Vinegar-wash the car
5) Rinse with soft-water feature
6) Dry standing water beads with silicone water blade
7) Clay the car, used Mother's clay bar and used 50/50 Meguiar's NXT car wash and soft-water solution in a spray bottle as lube.
8) Dry car with microfiber towels.
9) Apply Rejex to the ENTIRE vehicle (Paint, wheels and all glass)
10) Put vehicle into garage for Rejex to cure (12 hours)
11) Buffed with clean microfiber towels (2 for paint, 1 for wheels, 2 for glass)
12) Applied Turtle Wax Ultra Gloss wax
13) Buffed with clean microfiber towels again.

Mr Clean Auto Dry system (Basic), Now: $10.95 (Advance Auto Parts), Then: $19.98
Meguiars NXT Car Wash: $9
Silicone water blade: $9
Vinegar: $2
Mother's Clay Bar Kit: $19
Microfiber towels: $25
Spray bottle: $1
Rejex: $14
Turtle Wax Ultra Gloss: $10
Two 5 gallon buckets: $9
Chenile wash sponge: $5

Total spent: $122

Any of those products that you only see on high $$$ detailing sites? Nope. Same results? Maybe better.

There is absolutely no reason to: A) Pay the rediculous prices for Klasse, Poor Boy, P21S or any of the others or B) Pay some detailer $100-$200 per visit, to do something that you can do at home with product found at your neighborhood parts store. Tools is another story, items like Cobra Microfiber towels just cannot be found at your local store, nor can their quality match to that. The Porter Cable random orbit buffer, something else you won't just find anywhere and when you are using a buffer to speed up the process of paint care, leaving buffer trails behind with a cheap buffer and lack of technique/skill is self-defeating.

Back to the subject at hand, wax. Rejex is a synthetic sealer and a well-kept secret and found, of all places, at True-Value Hardware stores. It was originally designed for the military for use on helicopters to keep all the crap they get on the body, from sticking. I started using it when I read the article in Car & Driver about it, they coated an Audi with it and then drove it. I believe they took it on one of their long-term test drives, then proceeded to wipe off all the road crud, brake dust and the like off with a single wet sponge. They revealed a clean, shiny, waxed finish underneath, undamaged. That sold me.

You apply Rejex, wipe off excess, let it cure out of the sun and moisture for 12 hours. You have a decision then, either re-coat for more depth and protection or move on. If you re-coat you have to let it cure again (If memory serves, the cure time is then halved to 6 or 7 hours). Then put a coat of carnuba wax on top for the ultimate shine and depth.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
CoolCallie said:
Best looking results I got came from this combination:

1) Rinse car for debris
2) Wash car with Mr. Clean Auto Dry tool, Meguiar's NXT car wash and use the soft water feature on the Mr. Clean
3) Dry standing water beads with silicone water blade
4) Vinegar-wash the car
5) Rinse with soft-water feature
6) Dry standing water beads with silicone water blade
7) Clay the car, used Mother's clay bar and used 50/50 Meguiar's NXT car wash and soft-water solution in a spray bottle as lube.
8) Dry car with microfiber towels.
9) Apply Rejex to the ENTIRE vehicle (Paint, wheels and all glass)
10) Put vehicle into garage for Rejex to cure (12 hours)
11) Buffed with clean microfiber towels (2 for paint, 1 for wheels, 2 for glass)
12) Applied Turtle Wax Ultra Gloss wax
13) Buffed with clean microfiber towels again.

Mr Clean Auto Dry system (Basic), Now: $10.95 (Advance Auto Parts), Then: $19.98
Meguiars NXT Car Wash: $9
Silicone water blade: $9
Vinegar: $2
Mother's Clay Bar Kit: $19
Microfiber towels: $25
Spray bottle: $1
Rejex: $14
Turtle Wax Ultra Gloss: $10
Two 5 gallon buckets: $9
Chenile wash sponge: $5

Total spent: $122

Any of those products that you only see on high $$$ detailing sites? Nope. Same results? Maybe better.

There is absolutely no reason to: A) Pay the rediculous prices for Klasse, Poor Boy, P21S or any of the others or B) Pay some detailer $100-$200 per visit, to do something that you can do at home with product found at your neighborhood parts store. Tools is another story, items like Cobra Microfiber towels just cannot be found at your local store, nor can their quality match to that. The Porter Cable random orbit buffer, something else you won't just find anywhere and when you are using a buffer to speed up the process of paint care, leaving buffer trails behind with a cheap buffer and lack of technique/skill is self-defeating.

Back to the subject at hand, wax. Rejex is a synthetic sealer and a well-kept secret and found, of all places, at True-Value Hardware stores. It was originally designed for the military for use on helicopters to keep all the crap they get on the body, from sticking. I started using it when I read the article in Car & Driver about it, they coated an Audi with it and then drove it. I believe they took it on one of their long-term test drives, then proceeded to wipe off all the road crud, brake dust and the like off with a single wet sponge. They revealed a clean, shiny, waxed finish underneath, undamaged. That sold me.

You apply Rejex, wipe off excess, let it cure out of the sun and moisture for 12 hours. You have a decision then, either re-coat for more depth and protection or move on. If you re-coat you have to let it cure again (If memory serves, the cure time is then halved to 6 or 7 hours). Then put a coat of carnuba wax on top for the ultimate shine and depth.
If I spent that amount of time on my car, it had better come out encrusted in diamonds.

·
Registered
377 Posts
O'Reily said:
If I spent that amount of time on my car, it had better come out encrusted in diamonds.
It's a one-time payoff, the maintenance beyond that is very little. The Rejex easily lasts 6 months. Just regular washing every other weekend is all that is required to maintain it's high luster and shine.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts