Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I got some wax on the black plastic trim of my Caliber (door handles mostly). It looks like crap. How do I get it off??

Thanks,
Katie

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have always used Mothers (Back to Black). It is a lotion that you put onto the surface, it does wonders.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Also another reason to try out the Turtle Wax Ice.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Fitz said:
Also another reason to try out the Turtle Wax Ice.
I really need to get me some of that. I see it all the time and it looks really promising.

All the methods listed in the thread will work, I have used all of them!:D:cool::p:)

·
Registered
976 Posts
I use both Mothers Back to Black and Turtle wax Ice,makes my black SXT
shine so much it's hard to get decent pics in bright sun.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone...

I have been meaning to get some Turtle Wax Ice, but never get around to it...

P.S..... I think I posted theis originally in a reply to another thread- if so, sorry!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
As I always recomend, Zaino Ultimate Tire Gloss. Leaves the black plastic looking better than new, and even "revives' old faded plastic. Plus it doesn't leave any film on the plastic to attract dust like a lot of the tire or plastic crap does. Plus it lasts months without need to re-apply.

·
Registered
64 Posts
alarsen said:
I have always used Mothers (Back to Black). It is a lotion that you put onto the surface, it does wonders.
Yup once you go Black, you never go back. Back to Black is the best. I used Castle window cleaner in a pinch before

·
Registered
277 Posts
Funny you should post this. I JUST GOT THE WAX OF MY HANDLES TODAY @ WORK!!! First i tried 3M wax remover. no effect what-so-ever. Now it sounds nuts and thats what i thought when the guy @ Advance Auto told me but GASOLINE works awesome. I am not trying to be a smart-A55. it does work!!! Small amount on a rag works well. Just rince well when done.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
black-sxt-sport said:
Funny you should post this. I JUST GOT THE WAX OF MY HANDLES TODAY @ WORK!!! First i tried 3M wax remover. no effect what-so-ever. Now it sounds nuts and thats what i thought when the guy @ Advance Auto told me but GASOLINE works awesome. I am not trying to be a smart-A55. it does work!!! Small amount on a rag works well. Just rince well when done.
And now that gas prices are coming down, might even be an affordable option.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've been using Ice as well. Very easy to use and it works great.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm not doubting Ice or Black 2 Black, great products, but I don't think they remove wax from plastic. Peanutbutter still smells better than gas, and you can smoke afterwards.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Turtle Wax ice....
As I understand it, Ice is a polish with some wax inside.

In my opinion you would get a lot better result if you first wash and clay the paintwork (and if needed cleaner) and then use Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish and finish it of with NXT topped of with Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Wax.

Polish should be polish, wax should be wax.
But that's me....

·
Registered
506 Posts
ok i'm gonna be an idiot... what's the diference between polish and wax?

·
Registered
14 Posts
In short. Polish doesn't protect the paint, it just feeds the paint to get an extra deep shine. Wax is a layer on top of the paint, which adds even more shine and then also protects the paint.

·
Registered
108 Posts
To remove the wax off your black plastic trim. The best thing I have seen and it is what paint and body shops use is a simple pink eraser. Just rub it away. Use a new one that is clean. To avoid getting that white suff on your trim use a wax that is synthetic. Such as Meguiar's NXT or Mother's Reflections. If it's a blended wax (carnuba, polymer, synthetic) the carnuba part is gonna leave the white stuff on your trim.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts