Dodge Caliber Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Bump, If anyone ever had a trouble of removing wax or soap residue use a cloth lightly dampened with white vinegar. It'll take it right off but use only as much needed because vinegar is acidic.

·
Registered
87 Posts
so the other day i used the turtle wax liquid claybar and then i iced it.......it turned out awesome!!!! the liquid claybar got the bugs and grim off without have to use a bucket of water, just shake and put on the supplied pad and go to town. would def recommend.

·
Registered
911 Posts
cali_stang said:
so the other day i used the turtle wax liquid claybar and then i iced it.......it turned out awesome!!!! the liquid claybar got the bugs and grim off without have to use a bucket of water, just shake and put on the supplied pad and go to town. would def recommend.
I bought the claybar and quite honestly I didn't see where it did anything but make a mess. Maybe it really did do something and I just didn't realize it. I do use the icewax though which I do like and would also recommend. Its very easy to put on and doesn't make a mess of the black plastic. It actually makes it shine if you put the ice on the plastic.

I would also think that you could use rubbing alcohol to get the wax off the plastic. I wouldn't get it on the paint as it will undo your nice shiny wax job so use a clean rag and do it.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
I would also think that you could use rubbing alcohol to get the wax off the plastic. I wouldn't get it on the paint as it will undo your nice shiny wax job so use a clean rag and do it.
I wouldn't put rubbing alcohol on the plastic. It will only dry it out and make it look worse in the long run.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts