Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse the dirty car, but I haven't had time to wash it...

They were a perfect fit and took about 10 minutes to install. The rear have sticky strips to help hold them in, but they are a good tight fit as well.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Wow! Those look great! I like how they fit closer in than some of the others. How much were they? I'm sure it was mentioned on the other thread, just to lazy to go back and look it up. Thanks

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hey those look great! Time to get me some... and a tint.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fitz said:
Wow! Those look great! I like how they fit closer in than some of the others. How much were they? I'm sure it was mentioned on the other thread, just to lazy to go back and look it up. Thanks
Thanks...

They are about $100 delivered. A bit more than the ones from Dodge, but I prefer the look. Do a google on Weathertech for sources. Over the years, I have gotten mine from McNeil Automotive.. good people to work with.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
xcanuk said:
I like, but curious, do they cut into your eyeline when looking out?
No, they don't. I have them on my Ram (and had them on my Dakota and Kia) and never had that problem (I am 6'2" if that makes a difference).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes, I like those much better than the others.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ok, I'm sold. Thanks for being the guinea pig.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Definitly better than the AVS ones I bought. Will be bying a set of those fr my car as wel. And from looking around online, you can buy just the fronts, or the whole set of four dpending on what you want. I have them on my Dakota and definitly wanted them for the Caliber. I took a gamble on the AVS ones because the Weathertech ones weren't released and the info i had goten from the company about them didnt have a definite time fr release. Wish I would have waited now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Those look real sharp. How are they attached? I have had similar products on previous cars but were awkwardly attached with double-stick tape to the door exterior, these look like they go inside where the window rolls up.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
.38 said:
Those look real sharp. How are they attached? I have had similar products on previous cars but were awkwardly attached with double-stick tape to the door exterior, these look like they go inside where the window rolls up.
Yes, they sit inside the window channel. The front ones are just held in by friction and will NOT fall out. Have had the same set on two diferent trucks for almost 6 years now, including a wreck that totaled my first truck, and the are still going good and never fell out. The rear ones are held into the channel via some double sided tape since there isn't a way to wedge them into the window to keep them from falling out. Overall, they are an outstandin product. I'm surprised they aren't more popular. My only guess is they aren't marketed as much as the stick on ones, and aren't sold in stores, only online. Just the convenience of being able to remove the front ones if you want in a matter of seconds is great. I take mine off on my truck occasionally just to clean them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Those look good enough to purchase. I didn't care for the Mopar ones much.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm going to try to order it through Canadian Tire.
From experience, they are slightly cheaper than online, no shipping, but usually are a little clueless when finding part numbers. (You are actually ordering through their FX line/catalogue)

·
Registered
65 Posts
xcanuk said:
Thanks guys, I'm going to try to order it through Canadian Tire.
From experience, they are slightly cheaper than online, no shipping, but usually are a little clueless when finding part numbers. (You are actually ordering through their FX line/catalogue)
Let me know what price you end up with. I really want to get these.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I agree, the in-channel WeatherTechs look good, nice and sleek. But they are still shiny!! (expected, but, booo). Which I would not want adjacent to all the non-shiny black trim on my SXT Sport. I do have some matte-black paint for plastics that would change that, though.

Anyone want to buy a set of the Mopar ones (AutoVentShade brand) from me?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts