Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Loaded the kayak up for the first time. The rack is going to need some mods as the yak started slipping out as I was driving (thanks to the sunroof I was able to watch it carefully).

Then monday the GF and I went for a picnic at a local state reservation. Don't worry it was not a 4 wheeling experience. :D

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Ohhhhhhh, I want a Caliber in Sunburst Orange now!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it, I love it, can I have it???:D:D

Looks like all are enjoying it, I saw your other post about the roof rack, definately post a "how-to" when you are done so others can see your hard work...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Joe don't piss yourself man...

Looks sweet.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of rack is that and how much did you pay? I kayak and snowboard and need a solution so i don't have to pile snowboards into my brand new car. I would also like to be able to carry kayaks.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Don't worry about take the caliber off road a bit. It's pretty capable.

It's no true 4x4 but it's still gets the job done.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The rack is made by Dodge and I paid $200, the kayak "stacker" attachment is made by Thule and it cost $90. For your needs I suggest this :

and one of these:

Unless you want to carry more than one kayak. At that point you would probably want to change attachments with each season and get one of these for multiple kayak transport.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was driving today and I saw a roof rack with the hook shaped kayak holders and I was thinking what the heck is that for? Now I know. Good timing. Haha

·
Registered
47 Posts
thanks for this pics.

Is the dodge bar a permanent install that's screwed on?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
If they are asking $350 then they are taking you for a ride, at most they are $230. I got mine at the dealer I bought the car from.

Also I'm paddling a Pungo 100. I love this kayak, 3 way adjustable seat, much better than my last kayak.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
KimBo k. said:
how is the roof rack fixed to the car?
,,,,Go back to page 1 and click on the link in Post # 10.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts