Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2007 SXT Sport Inferno Red, and I just love it. I test drove several cars over a period of 3 weeks and just kept coming back to the Caliber. I just love it. I just hope the gas mileage is as good as it claims to be.

·
Registered
343 Posts
congratulations on your purchase! I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Welcome to the board! :)

Try using SHELL gas, I've had best mpg results with it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just purchased a 2007 SXT Sport Inferno Red, and I just love it. I test drove several cars over a period of 3 weeks and just kept coming back to the Caliber. I just love it. I just hope the gas mileage is as good as it claims to be.
Welcome! :D :D

What kind of options did you get?

- Gus

·
Registered
253 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
Welcome to the board! :)

Try using SHELL gas, I've had best mpg results with it.
mine hates shell gas

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
MsSXTSPORT said:
Congrats and welcome to caliberforums!:) :)

Seems asthough you will be enjoying you caliber very much!:cool:

Get some pictures together and post them in the Picture/ Media Forum of this site!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I've only had it for days but so far I just love it. I love the information center. That's a pretty cool feature. I didn't think I had Anti-lock brakes but the light on the dash for ABS comes on when the car starts, so does that mean I have anti-lock brakes? ( Dumb question I know, sorry. )
As far as the options go, I didn't get heated seats as I don't have leather seats. I'm kinda 50/50 on leather. I like them but then again I don't. I do have the 6 disk CD player but I guess all of them do. I have a universal garage door opener, now if I can just figure out how to program it without having the remote I'll be fine. The previous owners of the house lost the remote.
I don't have Shell gas in my area, I was going to use Sunoco or Chevron. Which is better?
Thanks again for the welcome

·
Registered
976 Posts
2.0L/CVT gets ABS automatically,so I imagine you do have it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bigtsr said:
2.0L/CVT gets ABS automatically,so I imagine you do have it.
Okay, thanks for the info. Like I said, the window sticker didn't say anything about ABS. Good to know that they are there.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Don't expect great gas mpg until 5,000-15,000 miles. Thats how long it takes for the engine to fully break in and losen up. When my Caliber was new I only got 19-21mpg city. I now get 26 as advertised but not until about 12,000 miles. It slowly got better every month.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Good MPG is available immediately. I bot my Caliber September 28, 2006 & got 33.7 MPG on my first tank. Over 4000 foot mountain passes I averaged 32+MPG & overall averaged 30+MPG before winter & winter mix gas set in. My average dropped to 28.4MPG during the winter. With spring & summer mix gas, my average has rebounded to 29.4MPG. I expect to average 30+MPG by the end of my first ownership year. So take my advice & feather foot.

Under hard acceleration the CVT hydraulic pressures rise to near 1000pounds per square inch. Feather footing lows these pressures dramatically & gives Caliber extra MPG, above the level of increased MPG feather footers normally gain over lead footers.

Range extension is another reason to feather foot too. Several times I have past 400miles on my gas tank before my low fuel chimes & lite come on indicating 2 gallons of fuel remaining.

Gas pump protection is another reason to feather foot. The gas pump is at the bottom of the gas tank which uses fuel to cool itself. As the pump is uncovered, cooling is less effective. Feather footing protects the pump since the pump is stressed 10 to 30% less than lead footers would stress a slowly uncovering pump.

Lots of reasons to be a feather footer....no reason to be a leadfooter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts