Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm heading out to see the new Caliber soon and will get the chance to ask questions and drive it etc. for a future issue. For the enthusiast what are the big questions you want asked and answered? Just post them here.
I assume "Are we getting an SRT version and if so when?" is the number one question, but otherwise what have you got?
Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
SRT build is rumored to build in Oct. or Nov. from what I've heard.

Don't know about the trans configs.

HID headlights, no I don't think, but I'm all for 'em.

You can take the black plastic off yourself, and then you can fill in the holes, remove any excess sealer under the paint, and any other marrs that we dont touch.

·
Registered
131 Posts
BAP DCX said:

You can take the black plastic off yourself, and then you can fill in the holes, remove any excess sealer under the paint, and any other marrs that we dont touch.
so the side roof molding is a plastic insert of sorts? nice to know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will the FWD versions w/ 2.0 engine and CVT have selectable gears? Or just 'drive' and 'low'? If only the 2.5/4WD has selectable gears in CVT, I will pass and go on to the Honda FIT. which will have paddles on the steering wheel.

Thanks,

J Barr [email protected]

·
Registered
161 Posts
jdhb said:
Will the FWD versions w/ 2.0 engine and CVT have selectable gears? Or just 'drive' and 'low'? If only the 2.5/4WD has selectable gears in CVT, I will pass and go on to the Honda FIT. which will have paddles on the steering wheel.

Thanks,

J Barr [email protected]
Taken from allpar "Dodge Caliber’s CVT2 is a second-generation CVT that Chrysler Group engineers have calibrated for pleasing engine response, precise ratio control and an AutoStick® feature that allows for manual control with the simulation of six stepped gears."

·
Registered
161 Posts
BAP DCX said:

From your rumor will the srt pilots start being bulit in oct. nov. or will production start on the srt's then? Also sorry from the double post. I forgot to ask that question before I hit post.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey guys. I just got back. i can't really say much for another week or so but I'll answer all the questions when I can. Have they not published mpg numbers? I'll have to see if those are embargoed or not, they are quite good on the 1.8 and 2.0 but the awd 2.4 isn't as good. No srt answers but good rumors with a great hp # attached to those rumors.
Sorry i can't say more but wanted to let you know I was still around and will comment when I can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mphmag said:
hey guys. I just got back. i can't really say much for another week or so but I'll answer all the questions when I can. Have they not published mpg numbers? I'll have to see if those are embargoed or not, they are quite good on the 1.8 and 2.0 but the awd 2.4 isn't as good. No srt answers but good rumors with a great hp # attached to those rumors.
Sorry i can't say more but wanted to let you know I was still around and will comment when I can.
That would be great. My dealer has about 10 on order and they expect them in 3 weeks, so I would assume all the EPA mileage ratings are already in place, the data just needs to be posted somewhere...

·
Registered
161 Posts
omniphil said:
That would be great. My dealer has about 10 on order and they expect them in 3 weeks, so I would assume all the EPA mileage ratings are already in place, the data just needs to be posted somewhere...
Are they 10 ordered as demo vehicals or will you be able to purchase them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Couple Questions...
1. Does the liftgate speaker assembly only come with the MusicGate package
2. What are the size of all the speaker compartments.. can you fit 12" subs in those rear speaker areas by the wheel well?
3. Where is a good place to mount an amp.. in the wheel wheel possible? Is it a waterproof seal? I ask these q's because I can guarantee the majority of the owners will want a thumping system... and today's tech is CHEAP
4. Why is the warranty only 36000 miles? Sounds like a serious lack of confidence on the cars durability for the power train... what is some pricing on an extended warranty?
5. When will the SRT/Ralleye be available? THAT is what most people want, and they WILL PAY. Like me.

·
Registered
161 Posts
daweyo said:
Couple Questions...
1. Does the liftgate speaker assembly only come with the MusicGate package
2. What are the size of all the speaker compartments.. can you fit 12" subs in those rear speaker areas by the wheel well?
3. Where is a good place to mount an amp.. in the wheel wheel possible? Is it a waterproof seal? I ask these q's because I can guarantee the majority of the owners will want a thumping system... and today's tech is CHEAP
4. Why is the warranty only 36000 miles? Sounds like a serious lack of confidence on the cars durability for the power train... what is some pricing on an extended warranty?
5. When will the SRT/Ralleye be available? THAT is what most people want, and they WILL PAY. Like me.
1. Yes it is part of the Bostin acoustics sound system. Claimed 458 watts.
2. Don't know size but they are putting a 10 inch sub with the musicgate package
3. Looks like there is no room for an amp because the tire takes up all the space
4. Only time will tell on that one. No idea on extended warrenty
5. Look for the SRT around oct nov is the rumor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fuzz 40 said:
Are they 10 ordered as demo vehicals or will you be able to purchase them?
I asked the very same question. They will be available for purchase. They have no preorders. They are getting some of every model, so It will be nice to compare that gas mileage.

The downside I found out the other day is that AWD wont be available on the SE or SXT, it will be only come with the 2.4 liter and the R/T model. Very dissapointing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts