Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some time before i go shopping for a caliber, and i thought i was sold on orange, after seeing it at the ny auto show, even got a bike to match the orange(to accessorize). but now i'm not sure, I want a color that i won't get tired of so fast.
black is sexy and stealthy. white is classy and clean, orange tickled me when i saw it, red is common but nice, blue eh i have blue now, khaki is a no (i'm 20),silver is also a no (to many silver cars in my fam) yellow stands out and looks sexy if it's the right shade.
I just don't know anymore:confused:
could you get black with yellow or orange inserts?
plan on putting a chrome fuel cover, and cf hood once available. please suggestions welcome and appriciated.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i ordered marine blue and i think it's sexy level 10 times parsec minus the pit of carcoon..... translation i think it rocks the socks

·
Registered
131 Posts
When I made the color choice, it was hard too. I did finally choose the red over orange simply because of the trade value down the road. The orange may fade as a "fan" color in four years and you may loose some trade value on the car. Red is always going to be a good color for trade. I like black a lot, but it shows dirt and every little flaw. Keeping my Black Cherry Pearl Harley and all the chrome takes enough of my time...let alone adding a black Caliber to my stable.

Hope this helps?

·
Registered
188 Posts
The black only comes with the blue or red inserts. Black with orange would be hot though!

My two choices intially were orange, obviously and black. After seeing a few more here the yellow is good but only on R/T(sorry with out the chrome accents I don't care for it) and the Marine Blue is nice too.

·
Registered
414 Posts
We originally ordered a Marine Blue SXT, but the salesman kept putting off the delivery date. We HAD to ahve the car by the end of May for a trip, renting or driving another was not an option. So we ended up getting one off of the lot. Luck was our beyotch, and we ended up with the Yellow R/T fully loaded, sure it was 4000$ more, but we are more than happy with it.

I liked the Marine Blue and the Khaki, we did not like the Solar Yellow on the website, but when we saw it in person, it blew us away.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
evalentin said:
I have some time before i go shopping for a caliber, and i thought i was sold on orange, after seeing it at the ny auto show, even got a bike to match the orange(to accessorize). but now i'm not sure, I want a color that i won't get tired of so fast.
black is sexy and stealthy. white is classy and clean, orange tickled me when i saw it, red is common but nice, blue eh i have blue now, khaki is a no (i'm 20),silver is also a no (to many silver cars in my fam) yellow stands out and looks sexy if it's the right shade.
I just don't know anymore:confused:
could you get black with yellow or orange inserts?
plan on putting a chrome fuel cover, and cf hood once available. please suggestions welcome and appriciated.
Don't feel so bad, I am in the same boat as you!

[Edited for Spelling]

·
Registered
12 Posts
i wanted to get black but my dad and a bunch others talked me out of it.they said it would always look dirty.
i like the yellow.. but iw as afriad (like with the orange too) that as i grew up i would get sick of it. (i'm 19)
like you said.. silver is too common and kaiki is... well, lets just say i understand what your saying. lol. it was between marina blue or steel blue. obviously i chose steel blue. in the brochure it looks really dark and boring, but in real life all the colors come out and mix. it is more like a deep forest green/ocean blue/metalic gray all in one. i LOVE metalic gray cars so it was my choice. good luck bud

·
Registered
901 Posts
How about narrowing down your choices from just your descriptions....

First, yellow is discontinued. There are some that are already built and in the distribution chain that will be getting to dealers. When those are gone, you're out of luck.

You didn't have too much positive to say about blue, silver, khaki, or red - so scratch those. That leaves you with black, white, and orange.

Black and white give you more options for the color-keyed interior, if you want that. With orange, only orange is available.

Next, not to give you one MORE choice, but, do you want the gray or pebble (tan) interior? IMHO, pebble does NOT look so great with the orange. Plus you can't do the color-keyed interior with pebble. But if you like the pebble interior, go with black or white paint.

Sounds like you'd be happy with any of these 3 colors, so why not focus on the interior options instead. Meaning, find a Caliber with the interior options you want, and as long as it's one of your 3 preferred paint colors, go for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the solar yellow R/T....I would never have chosen yellow, but wow!! tons of comments on it, and I agree the yellow only looks good in the R/T....I've seen the other colors and it all depends on your preference....black is a pain in the butt to keep clean, and the red just isn't "bright" enough in my opinion.....so, go with what you like...its the drive that will sell you, not the color

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
As far as the "clean versus dirty-looking" factor, I've been very satisfied with my Burnt Pumpkin... er, I mean... SUNBURST ORANGE Caliber.

I live oceanside, so "salt spray" is always a factor. Because of some pressing obligations lately, I went about 2 1/2 weeks of not washing mine until 2 days ago. Between the accumulated salt and several periods of rain-spattered dirt/oils/road grime, it had a fair amount of stuff built up on it.

However, unless you looked from close up, it still looked great and the stuff on it didn't really show at any distance.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I went with Marine Blue. I like most of the colours, especially on the R/T models with the chrome accents. I wasn't to big on the blue until I saw one in person. The chrome accents plus the big red tail lights looked rather good on it.

·
Registered
911 Posts
superbang said:
i love the black and red inserts, but man, i'd say don't get black... i wash this thing three times a week and it still gets dirty...
Exactly why I didn't get black. I was going to get Black with orange inserts, but then 2 things happened. 1, I remembered how much of a PITA it was to keep my Black '02 Neon ES clean, especially since I live on a dirt road and the parking lot at work is dirt as well. 2, I couldn't get orange inserts unless I got orange exterior, so that led me to choose Sunburst Orange.

I just got over a red car, which is the color of my current '04 Stratus R/T Coupe. Silver, EVERYONE has a freaking Silver Caliber it seems. Yellow, PUKE! Blue, looks like a girly color to me, and I don't like the blue inserts, they need to be darker IMO. Steel Blue would have been nice if it was available in a Sport, which I would have chosen. Steel Blue looks very good on a Caliber IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts