Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stx-sport, 6disk player, 2 tone interior. rims 2.0 , tint

ok. the invoice for these are 18,212. msrp is 19290.
some one bought one. and returned it in 3 days. their wife bought it. the husbin didnt want it and returned it for a truck.

so it has 250 miles on it. and they are selling it to me for less. they are giving me kbb high for my civic. 9,500

so my payments on 6 years will be 200 or less
great !!!!!!!!!!!!
(i can pay more and pay it off sooner)
i cant find a better price for this.
my mom FINALY wants to co-sign. but ...... i have to shop around monday and find a better deal. i cant find one. so i already know i am making a deposit on the caliber on monday. and then shopping around.
i'll get it tuesday or wensday at latest...........

so. what did you pay for yours?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I hope they are way below 200. If you end up paying 200 a month for 6 years on a loan of ~9k *assuming your trade in value* you are getting ripped off. For investing less than 10k, I would seriosuly consider going to a 5 year (or less loan). It won't be that much more, and you are saving $$ in the long run.

200 a month for 6 years is $14,400

Some numbers I calculated with interest rate of 6.9% and 9k financed:
48mo: $215.0 Total paid: $10,320
60mo: $177.8 : $10,668
72mo: $153 : $11,016
72mo: (if you pay $200/mo) :$14,400

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OUWxGuesser said:
I hope they are way below 200. If you end up paying 200 a month for 6 years on a loan of ~9k *assuming your trade in value* you are getting ripped off. For investing less than 10k, I would seriosuly consider going to a 5 year (or less loan). It won't be that much more, and you are saving $$ in the long run.

200 a month for 6 years is $14,400

Some numbers I calculated with interest rate of 6.9% and 9k financed:
48mo: $215.0 Total paid: $10,320
60mo: $177.8 : $10,668
72mo: $153 : $11,016
72mo: (if you pay $200/mo) :$14,400
heh ya. i know . i calculated all that out.

i wonder how the rate on a used car will be
its not how many miles are on the car that determans its used
its the fact that it has had a title befor. so now its used. but regardless. it still smells BRAND new

·
Registered
689 Posts
I don't think you are getting it, you are paying too much interest on what you are buying. What is the rate they are quoting you for interest rate? Also, if your mom is co-signing and her credit is very good, you should be able to get a pretty good rate.

I know the government is really screwing up interest right now, but what you are quoting seems like a pretty high interest rate.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If many people will respond to this thread, maybe state weather it is in US dollars or Canadian dollars as there is a big cross section of owners here. And yes, that interest rate does seem high for that dollar amount of the sale!
Cheers!

·
Banned
400 Posts
87rx7chick said:
my mom has GREAT credit . so it'll be good payments.
There are only, FAIR*GOOD*EXCELLENT categories for describing credit status.... Never heard of "GREAT".:rolleyes:

·
Registered
689 Posts
umf said:
If many people will respond to this thread, maybe state weather it is in US dollars or Canadian dollars as there is a big cross section of owners here. And yes, that interest rate does seem high for that dollar amount of the sale!
Cheers!
It is in American Dollars, we are talking about San Antonio, Texas

·
Registered
143 Posts
at that price it's a rip off.. I bought a brand new sxt sport with the same options you have (minus the 6 disk) for 18,500 CDN. Seeing as it's used try and bring them down to 16k or get them to throw you a free extended warranty or oil change package in with the deal.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Wait.....
Um.... The window sticker is 18,212 and you will be getting 9500 on trade for the civic. That means the amt to be financed is $8712. Sales tax in TX is what, 8-1/4%? That gets financed too, bringing the loan amt to $9430.

You're gonna finance less than 10K for 6 YEARS??? Well frankly that's really kinda silly, especially when you say you can pay extra on it to pay it off sooner. Well then do that-- get a shorter loan term. say 48 months.

Also, the interest rate will be lower at 48 mos than for 72.

To see for yourself... go to eLoan and play with their auto loan calculator....
http://www.eloan.com/ -- hover over (don't click) the Auto Loans tab -- then select Payment Calculator. Plug in $9500 for the loan amt, and don't forget to select your state in the dropdown box.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Caliber SXT Sport (pkg 24E), Convenience Group, MusicGate, Sirius Radio, Daytime Lamps, 2.0 Li w/CVT, Sunroof, SunBurst Orange w/SunBurst Orange Inserts.

$20,010
-10,510 ('04 Stratus R/T Coupe Trade)
-$500 Rebate

Total $9800 (doesn't include the $1500 I'm gonna put down)

Waiting for allocation since May 1st.....Current order status (BX)

Been thinking about getting rid of the sunroof and getting heated seats, and ESP if possible.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Silver R/T on order, with everything BUT: leather, convenience group, smoker's pkg, uConnect. Also left base stereo in, but got MusicGate.

$20,125 incl. tax.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm leasing my Caliber SXT for 2 years. I might buy it at the end of my lease though. I put 4k down and my payments are 119.20 a month for 23 months. I also had my uncle's Chrysler discount. I'm also 23yrs old and everything is in my name. I'm one lucky guy!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Black Caliber SXT, 5 speed, leather, music gate, base cd player, MP3, A/C, all power, security group, roof rack and 2 bike carriers(upright style), paint protection, 17" wheels, wheel locks, full tank of gas... for $22500CND on the road!! About $2000 under the retail price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts