Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a new vehicle the Caliber hasn't yet saturated the public eye. I get a fair number of people asking me what it is and a lot of people taking guesses too. (Apparently the ram's head logo isn't big enough.) Most people seem to think it's a Volvo or a Saturn, but I also get Saab and Pontiac. What do y'all typically hear?

·
Registered
267 Posts
From the front, it screams Dodge. I can't think of anything else it possibly could be, except that my daughter mistakes other it for a Magnum or even the Dakota at a distance LOL. (She thinks they should have called it a Mini-Mag, which actually makes sense.. amazing the thoughts of an 11 year old). From the side and/or back it may look like the Malibu Maxx... or any of the other 5-doors that happen to be around nowadays, it's definitely a fad. But just looking at the taillights, it's obviously either a Dodge or a Jeep Liberty haha.

On a side note, it's 9/12 and I haven't heard yet if my vehicle is in the general area yet...

·
Registered
775 Posts
I've had people tell me that it looks like the Volvo SUV (I can see some similarities in styling). The stragnest one, though, was a coworker that thought I had bought a Toyota Matrix.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, my car hasn't been mistaken for anything but a Dodge. Everyone who has spoken to me has even known it was that Caliber...

·
Registered
371 Posts
After I got it, this old cowboy that I know came by and said, "What the f--- kinda piece a sh-t car is this?" After I told him it was a Dodge Caliber, and I showed it off, he said, "Ya know? My wife needs a new car and I'm thinkin' this'd be perfect! Show me them drop down speakers again, and crank it up!" He even went to the dealership to look at one, but they were all out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Michael K. said:
I've had people tell me that it looks like the Volvo SUV (I can see some similarities in styling). The stragnest one, though, was a coworker that thought I had bought a Toyota Matrix.
I made a trip by labor reasons yesterday. At the airport I parked my Caliber next to a volvo… really they are similar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im interested as to what peopel over here think it is (UK), as the dodge brand is new too the UK and this is basically the first car. We have a few vipers but i think they and any Ram's are all left hookers so not very popular on our roads.

Basically once we get our car, anyone that asks me what it is will still not be any the wiser once I tell them its a Dodge.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Most people just ask what it is. lol. I guess they don't know where to look for the name of a car...

My neighbor writes car reviews for our local newspaper and she asked me "Now is this a Matrix or Vibe?"

When I tell people it's a Caliber, they almost always think I'm saying CaliPer. What's up with these people?? LOL.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you look at the front end of a Caliber & think it's anything other than a Dodge....your a tool!

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's so funny how they marketed this thing as "anything but cute" because I think every girl that I've shown it to had said that it was cute!! I've even gotten mini Durango from some people, but I think my favorite is when my boss said it looked like a magnum got thrown in the dryer on the high cycle!!:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mini Magnum. When I have talked to people that don't know what a Caliber looks like. I always tell them it is a mini version of the Magnum.

·
Registered
101 Posts
lol... when i first got mine... my boss asked me... "what did they do, take a durango and put it in a trash compactor?" i've also gotten mini-magnum.

·
Registered
506 Posts
ok i'm in germany and i took the car through france and italy and switzerland and Europeans have no clue whatsoever what a "dodge" is... i have to tell them Chrystler for them to have any clue what i am talking about... however my shop in germany here... the "dodge" dealer says that they love the caliber and are pleased to have one to work on... though my parts are taking forever to get here :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts