Dodge Caliber Forums banner

What does the Owners manual say??

5K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  karenh56 
When this thing goes out of warranty it's gonna be realllllllllly expensive to fix the transmission, trust me. Has anyone seen a Subaru Justy on the road recently? NOBODY could afford to fix it!!! The Honda CVT's are reallllllllly expensive to fix right now! Even used ones are expensive. Nisan Muranos are next on the hit list (this trans is based on it if you didn't know that!)

Many new cars and trucks do not have dipsticks but instead use a method of filling through the pan or a plug on the side of the transmission. You usually need some type of device to pump the fluid into the unit, and some like the Explorer require a "tool" to insert in the drain plug in the pan to get the right level!!!!!

Please, don't get me wrong I have an R/T (on lease of course!) and I hope parts are cheaper and they last longer. Maybe I will actually buy one outright one day. But until then..... 2 year lease 30,000 in two years, then bye-bye new Caliber (hopefully SRT)!!!:) :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.