Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at that little sticker on my driver side door and it said that my Caliber weighed in at 4435 pounds. :eek: Can that be correct? :confused:

What are you guys getting?

I have the SXT with the CVT.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
that is GVW (gross vehicle weight) It includes full average sized passengers load and a full tank of gas. So its actually around 3300lbs

·
Registered
644 Posts
3300 AWD models... believe 2wd models are 2700-2800 somewhere in there...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Stopped at a free wiegh in scale a few months back and propped my cali in there. Cali was empty with myself 230lbs and my fiance 180 lbs in the car, with a half tank of gas and she wieghed 3,931 lbs.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Fingernipp said:
that is GVW (gross vehicle weight) It includes full average sized passengers load and a full tank of gas. So its actually around 3300lbs
Actually, GVW its the MOST that the vehicle and its contents should EVER weigh which includes the car itself, all passengers, all cargo, all liquids, and it you towing anything, the tongue weight of that trailer too.

Add it all up, and it should NOT exceed the GVW. GVW is set based on tire load, suspension, braking, engine cooling, ....

Specs show the Cali at 3300 lbs dry. I'll try at a truck stop next time by, but, the error with a 3300 pound weight is quite high- those scales are meant to weight 30 TONs+!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
The curb weights for the Caliber are as follows:

Caliber SE: 2966 lbs
Caliber SXT: 3039 lbs
Caliber R/T FWD: 3156 lbs
Caliber R/T AWD: 3308 lbs
Source

Curb weight is defined as: The actual weight of the vehicle without any passengers or cargo in it.
Source

1 - 6 of 6 Posts