Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this is everything I got at the house that I need to put on.

AEM Air Intake 08+ Caliber SRT
MPx Motor mount insert set 08+ Caliber SRT4
Mopar Stage 1 Upgrade 08+ Caliber SRT
HKS EVC-S Boost Controller
AGP Wastegate Actuator 08+ Caliber SRT4
AGP Intercooler 08+ Caliber SRT
MPx Uppipe w/ GReddy/HKS Blow Off Valve Combo 08+ Caliber SRT
MPx Polished Aluminum Strut Bar 08+ Caliber SRT
Mopar Swaybar set Caliber SRT4 08+
Exhaust Depot Stainless steel down pipe and turbo back 3" no cats or muffler
BWoody Performance Caliber SRT-4 Traction bars
RRM Caliber Lightweight Pulley
RRM Caliber Tiebar Set

Do I need to get bigger injectors and a map clamp or is the stage 1 and boot controller all that I need? What else do I need to get? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
OK this is everything I got at the house that I need to put on.

HKS EVC-S Boost Controller
MPx Polished Aluminum Strut Bar 08+ Caliber SRT
Mopar Swaybar set Caliber SRT4 08+
BWoody Performance Caliber SRT-4 Traction bars
RRM Caliber Tiebar Set

Do I need to get bigger injectors and a map clamp or is the stage 1 and boot controller all that I need? What else do I need to get? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim
A clamp will help alot with all those supporting mods, but you'll need to get a scangauge and a A/F wideband to monitor and tune it properly....

Stage 1 will pull the throttle with a boost controller, your boost may go up but if you look on a scan gauge to monitor it, your throttle will be pulled.

I would either go Clamp or FIC route.... and if you go FIC route might as well go RTS2, but at least 1....

How fast are you wanting to go??? :jester::jester:

Reactions: 06Venom

·
Registered
866 Posts
as always on this forum.....
You need to get an aeroforce scan gauge to monitor where you set your WGA at. You may want to get a A/F ratio gauge as well.

If you want to get a couple more things, you may want to get some colder plugs, and then the clamp wouldn't be too much more either. You already have all the other supporting mods for it. (the injectors help, but aren't crucial)

Other than that, you will have one heck of a beast!

(Edit: I guess I type too slow! Sorry for the double response...)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How fast do I want to Go? Not sure really, but can you ever go fsat enough? I just started buying stuff and this is everything I got so far. Maybe I should have just got a real tune performance stage II. Well this is everything I got what would you do?

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
How fast do I want to Go? Not sure really, but can you ever go fsat enough? I just started buying stuff and this is everything I got so far. Maybe I should have just got a real tune performance stage II. Well this is everything I got what would you do?
Nope very true... you will never be fast enough.... especially since you already own a fast car... hahahahaha...

Forget as MoparSRt4 said, colder plugs will help, as they recommend them with just stage 1 upgrade alone....

Everything you have will still work with the RTS2....

Also keep in mind if you run all of this, will you go 18'' drag Radials or go smaller brake kit so you can run slicks???

And if you don't intend on running DRs or Slicks, I would recommend a new rubber... stickier compound, as the F1s suck... hahahaha.
Also Lightweight rims would be good too...

Also not right away but eventually depending on how far you go you will want to look into an upgraded clutch I am sure... (but not right now) as your stocker should still be good... hahahaha...

How fast you want to go, goes alongside with how much money you want to spend :bigthumb:

You are on a great start for just getting the car! :rofl::rofl: Mine is still stock as winter is here and there is zero point in me upgrading it... hahaha...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. Maybe I need to get a hold of realtune and see what they say or have for me. I tried to get a hold of them befor and no one got back to me. I guess I will try sending them an e-mail. Thanks again for all your help. I just hope all this computer stuff is not to hard to set up. I sure dont want to blow this thing up. I only have 1,300 miles on it. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Thanks for the help. Maybe I need to get a hold of realtune and see what they say or have for me. I tried to get a hold of them befor and no one got back to me. I guess I will try sending them an e-mail. Thanks again for all your help. I just hope all this computer stuff is not to hard to set up. I sure dont want to blow this thing up. I only have 1,300 miles on it. :bigthumb:
You should PM [email protected] on here, he'll hook you up. Whoosh is a great guy to deal with :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
HKS EVC-S Boost Controller - RETURN
MPx Polished Aluminum Strut Bar 08+ Caliber SRT - RETURN
Mopar Swaybar set Caliber SRT4 08+ - SELL TO ME FOR $100
BWoody Performance Caliber SRT-4 Traction bars - RETURN
RRM Caliber Tiebar Set - RETURN

ADD
Aeroforce interceptor
AEM UEGO
Mechanical boost gauge
MAP clamp or FIC
590cc injectors (if you go with a clamp), 625-650cc injectors (if you go with the FIC)
Realtune stage 2 turbo

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I'm new to all this so what is the MAP clamp or FIC? What is the difference and what is better to go with. I have had people at modern performance tell me not to clamp and go with the electronic boost controller.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
OK I'm new to all this so what is the MAP clamp or FIC? What is the difference and what is better to go with. I have had people at modern performance tell me not to clamp and go with the electronic boost controller.
Map clamp is alot easier to tune.... (some of the smart guys should tune into this.. haaha) then the FIC (Fuel Ignition Controller) is alot more wiring to do with the car compared to the clamp... However has far greater tuning capabilities then the clamp.

Seems strange for them to say that, as they should know that a MBC will only get the throttle pulled without a device to tune it (FIC or Clamp). A MBC will work with a Clamp or FIC but useless without it... hahahaha.

SRTst is only clamped with RTS2 turbo and High boost kit(I believe) and he has excellent numbers. And now thinking about that, The High Boost kit from Realtune would be a great thing to get as well.... If you check in Realtune's section there is TONS of information.....

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
clamp is a must, then you can ponder an FIC later

If you aren't comfortable with a clamp, forget your list and just get Mopar Stage 1 - without a clamp or FIC the rest of the mods in that list are useless

·
Registered
602 Posts
HKS EVC-S Boost Controller - RETURN
MPx Polished Aluminum Strut Bar 08+ Caliber SRT - RETURN
Mopar Swaybar set Caliber SRT4 08+ - SELL TO ME FOR $100
BWoody Performance Caliber SRT-4 Traction bars - RETURN
RRM Caliber Tiebar Set - RETURN

ADD
Aeroforce interceptor
AEM UEGO
Mechanical boost gauge
MAP clamp or FIC
590cc injectors (if you go with a clamp), 625-650cc injectors (if you go with the FIC)
Realtune stage 2 turbo
the traction bars arent worth the money???? i've steady been lookin at those and wantin to get them.
i'd trust u if u said no and mark them off my list :bigthumb: seeing that your car has 400hp and u probly know a better way to get traction (besides wheels and tires)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I talked to REALTUNE today. I'm taking the SRT-4 there in 2 weeks to get the WORKS. REALTUNE stage 2 turbo and all. They say I will be at 400hp with all my mods. Thanks for all the help. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
the traction bars arent worth the money???? i've steady been lookin at those and wantin to get them.
i'd trust u if u said no and mark them off my list :bigthumb: seeing that your car has 400hp and u probly know a better way to get traction (besides wheels and tires)
IMO - the bwoody traction bars are best at minimizing wheel hop, if the tires are still spinning but without hop they aren't going to make much difference

....and I definitely am not the person to ask about traction lol my 1st and 2nd gear are worthless

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Well I talked to REALTUNE today. I'm taking the SRT-4 there in 2 weeks to get the WORKS. REALTUNE stage 2 turbo and all. They say I will be at 400hp with all my mods. Thanks for all the help. :bigthumb:
:rocker: :banger:

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Very nice! You have fun with all that power :jester::jester:

Make sure to get vids of the after effect :bigthumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts