Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer in town just got 4 new Calibers in yesterday. 2 of them, a SE and a R/T had no side door moldings. Is this another cost cutting gimmick? The salesperson had no clue as to why they were missing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
They are talking them off the Chargers also. While I'm not a sponsor here yet, I probably will be soon and one of my offerings will be painted bodyside moldings. I'm already a sponsor over at the sister site chargerforums.com and I will be added the moldings for them soon. (After turkey day)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checking the window sticker on the black R/T I noticed that it was ordered by a company in town that recycles old barn wood. All their black Ram pick-ups have big vinyl advertising graphics on the sides. They could of deleted the door trim to make installing the graphics easier. If I see it finished I'll snap a picture and post it.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
xlimodriver said:
Checking the window sticker on the black R/T I noticed that it was ordered by a company in town that recycles old barn wood. All their black Ram pick-ups have big vinyl advertising graphics on the sides. They could of deleted the door trim to make installing the graphics easier. If I see it finished I'll snap a picture and post it.
Maybe it is deleted from Fleet vehicles!?!?!?

·
Registered
343 Posts
mkaresh said:
Another thing Chrysler eliminated from the base cars this year pretty much across the line is floormats. That's entirely about cost cutting..
The reason they are eliminating the floor mats is because many people opt to throw them away anyway and buy the "slush catcher" plastic ones to keep their carpet clean

·
Registered
5 Posts
brickyard1911 said:
They are talking them off the Chargers also. While I'm not a sponsor here yet, I probably will be soon and one of my offerings will be painted bodyside moldings. I'm already a sponsor over at the sister site chargerforums.com and I will be added the moldings for them soon. (After turkey day)
Correction, they are not taking them off of all Chargers, just the 2007 SuperBee SRT-8 model. All of the other trim levels, including the regular SRT-8 still have the moldings. Now, a lot of owners are taking off their moldings after they purchase their car. I think it has more to do with styling because they think it makes the car look smoother. I agree that it does, but I haven't done it to my car (black 2006 Charger SXT), and I probably won't do it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
mkaresh said:
Then why eliminate them from just the base trim lines?

On the R/T, many options/delete options are available on fleet vehicles that are not available to the general consumer. This is how rental cars end up with feature combos you can't get at the dealer.
When I did a build and price oon a few Chrysler/Dodge vehicles, the floor mats were a $30.00 option on all trim levels, and the dealer tht I went to to look at the Sebring confirmed that they are an option on all trim levels of that car at least, and said they were doing it on most of thier vehicles for the reason I stated earlier

·
Registered
70 Posts
how is the chrome side molding on the RT actually connected? I would love to take mine off. I would prefer blacked out handles too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
not quite sure, but it should be held on by double sided tape.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm glad I have the chrome molding on my R/T. I was sitting in a parking lot at a doctor's office the other day waiting for a friend, and this old guy in a new Impala parked next to me and opened his door into mine so hard it made me shake. Since the guy was in his 80s and it would have been pointless to say anything, I just waited until he we out of sight (he didn't even notice I was in the car, thanks to my tinted windows LOL), and the only evidence of him banging me with his door was a little scratch on the molding, that took me awhile to find. So I'm leaving 'em on! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts