Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm now settling in with my Cali — but after going through the brochure, I'm amazed at the inconsistencies.

The brochure shows the Calibers STXs with Sport have the chrome grille. I didn't even know it was painted the same color of the car until reading that info here on the boards.

To me the most astounding difference has to be the difference between the orange color it teases throughout the manual — it's one of the primary model cars it uses — and what actually rolled off the assembly line.

We're not talking about some sort of "color may not appear exactly as shown" because of some gamma differences — we're talking about the color in the brochure not existing. Period. The one on the Web site is a little closer, but even it's far more orange than the car sitting in the driveway.

Anyone know the story behind this? I've googled and searched the boards but can't find what happened between brochure production and cars rolling off the A-Line.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well I'm glad the actual orange color is truly what it looks like. The orange in the book looks like burnt rust. SunBurst Orange just looks freaking awesome!

What may of happened is, the brochure was designed/made last year (2005) and the actual Sunburst Orange wasn't available yet. So they painted a Caliber SunBlast Orange, which was the orange on the Neon/SRT-4 and just called it Sunburst Orange.

The Chrome Grill was just a temporary thing, just like a few other features on the Caliber, such as Solar Yellow. Both are not available standard anymore, although you should be able to buy the chrome grill. IMO, if you have Sunburst Orange, I think the colored grill looks better. If you have black though, I'd be going for the chrome grill.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Zygote said:
...The brochure shows the Calibers STXs with Sport have the chrome grille. I didn't even know it was painted the same color of the car until reading that info here on the boards...
But, as mentioned in many of those previous posts - it was the result of a production CHANGE that was made after Calibers had been produced and available for sale for a while. During that period, that part of the brochure was correct.

The previous posts provide more details - such as relaying information about how certain-model Calibers made AFTER APRIL 6, 2006 no longer receive the chrome grills, a price adjustment was made, dealers were notified with a bulletin, how it effected persons with orders placed before that date, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its interesting that there were so many noticeable cosmetic changes made after the brochure -- and some after production for a model year had already begun. The grilles and the discontinuing of the yellow.

This is my fourth "first-year" new car. I had a Mercury Cougar when they went to the new style, 3G Eclipse, the Z when they brought it back and now the Cali. I always know to expect some quirks.

I like the painted grille — like OC said, I don't think the chrome would look nearly as good on the SO. I kinda wish the orange would be closer to what what the original was, but I still think I would have gone the SO route.

Although, I have to admit, the bright blue folks seem really enthused about their choice — and it's the one color I never got a chance to see in person.

·
Registered
506 Posts
bright blue you mean Marine Blue AKA the coolest color this side of the degoba system? yea... my color... WHEN IT GETS HERE!!! but i do like the orange and the yellow... wish they didn't cut the yellow cuz that would have been sweet to see more of

·
Registered
911 Posts
I think the Marine Blue looks like a girl color! :D

·
Banned
76 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
I think the Marine Blue looks like a girl color! :D
I believe that the Marine Blue is officially a girl colour. I don't think that they will knowingly sell it to a guy.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Zygote said:
I'm now settling in with my Cali — but after going through the brochure, I'm amazed at the inconsistencies.

The brochure shows the Calibers STXs with Sport have the chrome grille. I didn't even know it was painted the same color of the car until reading that info here on the boards.

To me the most astounding difference has to be the difference between the orange color it teases throughout the manual — it's one of the primary model cars it uses — and what actually rolled off the assembly line.

We're not talking about some sort of "color may not appear exactly as shown" because of some gamma differences — we're talking about the color in the brochure not existing. Period. The one on the Web site is a little closer, but even it's far more orange than the car sitting in the driveway.

Anyone know the story behind this? I've googled and searched the boards but can't find what happened between brochure production and cars rolling off the A-Line.
Disclaimers. Since the manufacturing process changes so quickly it is indicated in the fine print everything may be subject to change without notice of obligation. Here is the fine print:

Since the time of printing, some of the information you’ll find in this catalog may have been updated. Ask your dealer for details. Some of the equipment shown or described throughout this catalog is available at extra cost. Specifications, descriptions, illustrative materials, and all competitive comparisons contained herein are as accurate as known at the time this publication was approved for printing.

DaimlerChrysler Corporation reserves the right to discontinue models at any time or change specifications without notice or without incurring obligation.

Brochures are printed far in advance in large numbers; reprinting the full allotment of brochures every time a change is made would be very expensive.

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts