Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a picture from an Autoweek article from December 2005:

Because this is a pre-release showing I assume it was intended to introduce the Caliber to the U.S. market. Whatever happened to the color coordinated mirrors and side marker lights? I also don't see an antenna on the fender, was a roof mounted antenna originally planned?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well we all know that color parts create more selection needed by the line operator, space needed to store the parts and more steps needed to get the parts. Don't forget added part numbers and several different colors of the same part for material to deliver to the line.

COST....COST...COST...:D

Remember the floormats? I still don't know why the dead pedal / foot rest on LHD Calibers are color matched. After all, you have two or three (brake/gas/clutch) other black pedals on the floor.... why not just make the foot rest black on all Calibers/JEEP Compass & Patriots and save more money? Maybe the cost savings on a standard color on the dead pedal / foot rest would save enough to add the color matched mirrors that the driver and others would notice and appreciate. :cool:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Side marker lights are on European Calibers only for some reason. As well as roof mounted antennas.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HSKR said:
Side marker lights are on European Calibers only for some reason. As well as roof mounted antennas.
I realise that. It's just that the Caliber pictured is for the U.S. Debut of the Caliber (December 2005) and is most likely a U.S. spec car. If they had them on the U.S. spec for it's intorduction, why did they not include them on the production models?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Michael K. said:
I realise that. It's just that the Caliber pictured is for the U.S. Debut of the Caliber (December 2005) and is most likely a U.S. spec car. If they had them on the U.S. spec for it's intorduction, why did they not include them on the production models?
Maybe they are still mad about losing WW2.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
tupmeier said:
i have something to say about that ,but i bite my lips;),afterall i'am german and i realy think that we should not touch this subject
Hey, according to the Pres of Iran, the Holocaust never happened, so Germany should be off the hook right??

·
Registered
721 Posts
<quoted text edited by admin>You remember the ME412 concept dont you? Look it up on allpar.com and read the story and what happened to it. That might enforce your theory a little. (In all seriousness.) Even though it is a supercar, it kind of still ticked me off. They did something better, and you won't let them build it because it stomped your baby into the ground??? :(
http://www.allpar.com/cars/me412.html

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm of German desent and those comments made me laugh.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Guys, let's keep this on topic...PLEASE! I don't think we need a history lesson, past, recent past or imagined here. The way this thing is going, whether in jest or not will only lead to trouble. Thanks! Highly controversal posts removed.

Medic

1 - 14 of 14 Posts