Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not perfect, but I never claimed to be. Once I get carpet on it, it'll look good in the S-10

and the new billet on the Caliber, I also put in a sub and DVD player but have no pics yet

on a side note, anyone know where to get carpet that will match the light gray/almost tan colored s-10 interior?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice's grille! I was think of getting the bottom insert too. I thank the front plate take's away the look of the bottom insert to me. But your's looks good!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Box looks good! Gorilla glue on those joints? I always screw mine and use gorilla glue. Be weary of possible leaks if thats just nails.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used wood glue, clamped it and used brads, then i used sealant on all the inside and outside joints, it shouldn't go anywhere

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sub box looks good, hopefully the sound does too! That grille also looks sharp! :D

I didn't like the way the lower inserts curved up on the ends, hence me not having them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found some nearly perfectly matching vinyl at Han****s fabric today on the remnant desk. I only used about half of what I paid all of $7 for, so i'm happy, even if the outcome isn't that great..

note to self, next time using vinyl, have an extra set of hands

on the lower grilles, I know how it curves does look a little weird, but it didn't look right without them and not having a plate up front...it looks really good in person I think

·
Registered
644 Posts
box turned out very nice. tell me that isnt all airspace though from the sub to the amp? that would be alot of box.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, it's all box even behind the amp, the box is really narrow, so it's not as much volume as you would think. Sounds really good too

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Does seem like alot of box though.... is it ported somewhere?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Looks really nice but 2.0 cub. for that sub in sealed box is should be perfect...per kickers site 1.25-3.5 for the 12" comp model. And I hear ya about vinyl...it can be tricky but that looks really really good... great job!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
you could be right, i mean, your the one that built it and all so you know the specs....from the view i get, it seems like alot more then 2 cu.ft ???? as long as it sounds good thats what matters.... does it hit hard at all? or did you go for more clearity?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it's 49" long, 7 1/2" deep at bottom, and 5" deep at top, and 12 1/2" tall. Those are all outside dimensions and the amp goes inside the box as well. i didn't calculate any air space, just built the box to fit the truck. It doesn't hit hard but it sounds good. I never turn it up so I just wanted some filler bass

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
assuming that you used 1/4 mdf then you have 1.43627 cu. ft of internal air space (actually a little less but you did not give me demensions of the cut out on the amp. That should be perfect for that sub. Bryan

·
Registered
567 Posts
i guessed the dimentions are 5 inc top depth 10" bottom depth, 15 inch hight and 48 inch in length, by the little measurement on the top pannel, with 3/4" thickness wood, i guessed the area to be about 1.9 cu ft with out the amplifier cut out taken out or the displacement of the subwoffer itself, the box is not to big, excellent design, nice and clean. let me know what you came up in your calculations, if he wanted to port this beat, he would have had to make it twice as big. everyone always forgets to factor out the thickness of wood.

·
Registered
567 Posts
haha and i just found where u told us the dimensions forget my comment

1 - 20 of 21 Posts