Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my VON and VIN number from the dealer.
What is the phone number to check my car status on a
Canadian ordered car. Is it a toll free number?????
Thanks in advance

Car was ordered on April 1/06

·
Registered
131 Posts
Previous threads on this. However, here is what I have.

Canada-1800-465-2001

USA - 800-992-1997

·
Registered
689 Posts
Wilson said:
I have my VON and VIN number from the dealer.
What is the phone number to check my car status on a
Canadian ordered car. Is it a toll free number?????
Thanks in advance

Car was ordered on April 1/06
Before you ask the next question: ;)

You must have your VON# (order #) supplied by the dealer before you call DC for status. (8 digits)

Call 1-800-992-1997 (1-800-465-2001 from Canada)
Listen to the automated operator then press 2. (To continue.)
Hold for the next available agent. DO NOT ENTER A FOUR DIGIT EXTENSION! WAIT ON THE LINE AND MAKE NO SELECTIONS. The line will sound dead and you'll think you screwed up. You DIDN'T! WAIT!
When Prompted press 1. (you are a customer.)
When Prompted press 3. (customer service issues.)
Press 3 Again. (customer service issues.)
Press 3 yet again. Later, once your order gets rolling they'll give you a VIN#, when you have it you will press 1 here. (3 = Home telephone number, 1 = VIN)
Enter your 10 digit home telephone number. (No 1 before the area code.)
Press 1 (If telephone number read back to you correctly.)
Wait on the line for a customer service representative.
When they pick up tell them you want to check on the status of a Dodge Caliber order.

ORDER STATUS CODES
BB - review by fleet department
BD - special equipment processing
BE - edit error
BG - passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL - edit ok parts unavailable
BX - passed edit available for schedule
C - sub firm
D - firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D - 1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E - frame
F - paint
G - trim
I - built not ok'd
J - built ok'd
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - emission check
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant , invoiced
KZL - released - not shipped
KZM - first rail departure
KZN - first rail arrival
KZO - delayed/recieved
KZOA - plant holds
KZOB - zone/distribution holds
KZOC - carrier delays
KZOD - carrier holds
KZOE - mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF - show/test vehicle
KZOG - damaged vehicle
KZOH - all other reasons
KZT - second rail departure
KZU - second rail arrival
KZX - delivered to dealer
ZA - canceled

ONCE YOUR ORDER IS SHIPPED

More than likely your Order will be shipped by rail to a nearby rail depot in your state. Once your order is shipped or preparing to be shipped the customer service folks at DC should be able to tell you what railroad your order will be shipped on. If it's already been shipped they may even be able to tell you what rail car number it's on. You can then either call the railroad or go to the rail roads website, plug your VIN number (or last eight) or rail car number into their tracking system, and it will tell you exactly where your Caliber is! It's theoretically possible to track your Caliber all the way to the rail depot in your state! Here's just a couple railroads to get you started.

Union Pacific Railroad - http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp
Santa Fe Burlington Northern - http://www.bnsf.com/cws/tracing/index.html

If the railroad your Caliber is being shipped on is something other than the above. Just do a search and you should be able to find a website for that railroad and at least a phone number to call.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have done this before.

Thanks

Wilson.

Ordered a Marine Blue Pearl R/T AWD
No extra options.
April 1/06

·
Registered
911 Posts
I will say that you shouldn't always believe what the Dodge Info Center tells you. It really depends on who you get when you call. Some people don't seem to care at all and will just tell you something to get you off the phone and others are helpful.

I've called 3 times in a day and gotten 3 different status's from 3 different people. One day, the first time I called, the lady said there was a restriction on my order and the production date is on hold. I called back a little later and it was in the process of being built (which is what I mostly get), which tells me nothing really. I called back again later that day and it was in D status.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This Information is WRONG!!!!!!!! The only way to check your order status is by going down or calling your DEALERSHIP that you placed the order with.Dont even bother trying to call those numbers THEY WILL NOT HAVE THE INFORMATION YOUR LOOKING FOR I have tried already BELIEVE ME!!!!! Just go down to your dealer!!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Not true, dealer can if they want to bother, find out just as much info as Dodge Customer Service, but most dealers don't want to be bothered by order customers wanting to know the status of their car. So in most cases, you end up getting just as good or just as bad info as calling, by going to dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried both....and when you try the one in Canada...they dont have the info all they do is refer you to the dealership because they cant bring up the information unlike the dealerships.....maybe they can do it over in the US but it a NO GO for the one in Canada...all they do is refer you to your dealership.....and for anybody that ordered a Caliber expect to wait at least 8-12 weeks before the arrival.....they had to add another shift at the Belvedere plant in Illinois just to keep up with the demand....in other words get used to the wait

·
Registered
115 Posts
being able to check status myself, I know how the dealers do it, and they don't even get any info unless you have a vin already. Dealers are used to normal ordering which is 4-6 weeks, thats what they will say if there is no info, which is what you run into when you don't have a vin yet, on the caliber however its around a 2 1\2 month wait. It is about 4-8 weeks before you will get a vin at the moment, and from when they start building to when the car arrives to the dealer is about 4weeks

·
Registered
911 Posts
CaliCaliber said:
they had to add another shift at the Belvedere plant in Illinois just to keep up with the demand....in other words get used to the wait
Actually the 3rd shift is to make the Jeep Compass, not the Caliber. As I've said before, I think they should be catching up on Caliber orders before adding another model into the production line, but that would just make too much sense for Chrysler. ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
playB0Y42 said:
being able to check status myself, I know how the dealers do it, and they don't even get any info unless you have a vin already. Dealers are used to normal ordering which is 4-6 weeks, thats what they will say if there is no info, which is what you run into when you don't have a vin yet, on the caliber however its around a 2 1\2 month wait. It is about 4-8 weeks before you will get a vin at the moment, and from when they start building to when the car arrives to the dealer is about 4weeks
Hey, question. My main man playBoy42 checked on the status of my car. It currently reads:

"Build Code:
Scheduled for Build (D1), 06-14-06
Dealer"

Does this mean that the code changed from D to D1 on 6-14-06 or it is scheduled to actually be built on 6-14-06?

Please clarify that for me.....before I assume the wrong message. Thanks again playBoy42 - I really appreciate it.

:D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Karen, all of that is estimated, until its actually built, thats all estimated, after being built, it all changes to built, waiting to ship, on rail car, on transport and so on, with actual dates that mean something. But still nothing is exact, but closer to reality after built.

What that shows is that the factory wanted to build the car on that day, things could have happened that changed that, next report will state whether that actually happened.

·
Registered
131 Posts
TY! I'm glad the company I work for does that! Phantom production scheduling and setting customer expectations with that!

Thanks for clarifying that. I'm old anyway - and not too much in a hurry anymore with anything. Things happen when they do. When it gets here - way cool...I'll survive until then.

·
Registered
689 Posts
You might ask Playboy to get you another report Friday or Monday and see whats what, that report will let you know if it happened, or will give you a new date of estimated build.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts