Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the dealership drooling waiting on my car to arrive. I was looking over the new arrival of an R/T AWD and found a black canister to the left (Drivers side) of the muffler. It was plastic and outside the heat shield compartment of the muffler. It had a black hose which fed up into the car. I thought it was something unique to the R/T possibly to the AWD, but I looked at the other SXT and SE that they had and every car on the lot has this canister. Is it something new, or does everyone’s car have it? Does anyone know what it is?

·
Registered
246 Posts
caliber172 said:
Just got back from the dealership drooling waiting on my car to arrive. I was looking over the new arrival of an R/T AWD and found a black canister to the left (Drivers side) of the muffler. It was plastic and outside the heat shield compartment of the muffler. It had a black hose which fed up into the car. I thought it was something unique to the R/T possibly to the AWD, but I looked at the other SXT and SE that they had and every car on the lot has this canister. Is it something new, or does everyone’s car have it? Does anyone know what it is?
Can't say for sure if this is what you're referrng to without a pic, but a similar object was found on the 6 cylinder LX's last year. Here's a pic of that one:

One of the assembly plant workers at Brampton said, "This is a anti vibration device that all 3.5 V6 LX cars get, its just a big peice of rubber."

There was no mention of a hose however. Perhaps IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 can chime in on this one so we can get yet another mystery solved.

Does this pic look anything similar to the object you saw???

Medic

·
Registered
687 Posts
Is this what you are talking about?

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's a charcoal canister. Many upon many cars have these. The 1st gen Neons had them up front, My 03 SX had it in the same place as the Caliber.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
Is this what you are talking about?

Yes, that is exactly what I was asking about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts