SIRIUS Satellite radia reciver and antenna, love it
2 - MBQuart Premium 5.25"
2 - MBQuart Premium 6.50"

Future List:
1- 10" Kicker L7
1- JBL BPX1100.1 Mono Amplifier
1- Stinger Capacitor

Misc.:
Optima Red Top in the truck will transfer it over to the neon, if i cant get the truck fixed :( i miss the truck

let me know what you guys think of my list, and share yours with me and us!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What Stereo Components do you all have in your calibers, or havent put in them yet?

i'm very interested to see how that ultra slim kicker sounds, nice sleek you could put that almost anywhere! i personaly think u could get a bigger amp then that jl audio for a better price, i think jl is over priced, jbl has good amps as well both are expensive, its all about the ebay tho, the am i have was 600 bucks, from jbl, i got it on ebay for 300 bucks, just gotta be smart on what you buy, my subwoofer i paid 400 bucks for with a box from crutchfield, sure enough a few months down the road i blew the spider on it, sent it out to kciker, got a brand new on for free, the put it in the same box, which is now striped and doesnt seal, i tried turning the woofer so i could make new screw holes, but it occured to me that i'm a dumbass and its a square sub, with same hole positions haha.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Re: What Stereo Components do you all have in your calibers, or havent put in them yet?

see sig... the shallow mount subs from what I have read are not that great.

·
Registered
413 Posts

enigmic said:
Well, you were the first to comment on my list but for those who haven't seen it yet:
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3811
inoticed in your post that you like Mb Quart speakers...I found these for you as the caliber does have 6x9 speakers in the doors........ http://www.mbquart.de/en/produkte/car/reference/produkt.php?nr=rce_269 Also the tweeters they say should't be place too far away from the midrange(if the tweeters can be aimed keep them relatively close), but that's your decision in the end.:D

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

yea also keep the crossover fairly close to the components as well. create a sound stage, by having the tweeters on onside point towards the otherside that way you can get sound every where, tweeters are very directional.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

srtman said:
yea also keep the crossover fairly close to the components as well. create a sound stage, by having the tweeters on onside point towards the otherside that way you can get sound every where, tweeters are very directional.
actually the placement of the crossover makes no diff. and my own opinion is that the stock locations of the caliber offer horrible imaging...hopefully I can build some kick panels ( or if the aftermarket makes some) that should help.

·
Registered
413 Posts

boostdog said:
actually the placement of the crossover makes no diff. and my own opinion is that the stock locations of the caliber offer horrible imaging...hopefully I can build some kick panels ( or if the aftermarket makes some) that should help.
That's why I like the Musicgate system...the dash speakers help out that problem, and the lifgate adds a little too.:D

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

what size are the dash speakers? Mine does not have any ...

·
Registered
413 Posts

boostdog said:
what size are the dash speakers? Mine does not have any ...
that's one thing that's on the table right now....no one knows. According to crutchfield they are not a standard size. Could be 3", could be 3-1/4"......who knows? but there is no replacement unless you mod the opening to fit an aftermarket speaker.:D

·
Registered
39 Posts

at higher volumes, my dash speakers have a buzzy sound like they are trying to push out midrange tones instead of keeping with highs. for this reason... i want to swap them out with something of higher quality and get them set straight with ONLY highs.

but back to the topic of this thread... I have a pioneer HU hooked up. I didn't do the install myself, but the guy at Best Buy said it was a pain because he had to run new wires to every single speaker. he didn't run a new one to the factory sub because I also had them install my 2 subs with an amp and a capacitor. everything looks clean so if you want pictures... just ask!

[head unit]
Pioneer DEH-P5900IB (shiny new 2007 edition... love it)

[subwoofers]
two JL Audio W3V2 15 inch subs D4 subs

[capacitor]
Deisel Audio 1.5 farad cap

[amp]
1800 watt Rockford Fosgate 601s

it goes boom...

now all i need to do i to upgrade my highs a little :D

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

you need a crossover to keep the mids-highs from playing low notes that they cannot handle... so you paid more $ for the ba system for nothing? That's rich! chalk up another one for the stock components that I didn't pay a dime more for.

·
Registered
39 Posts

eh, almost correct

My parents both bought vehicles from the same dealership before I did my shopping. I used the "my family has spent alot of money here so give me a hell of a deal" tactic.... and it worked.

$23,200 window sticker car for $16000 (after a little 3k trade-in value for my s10) isn't bad in my books.

and thanks for the crossover knowledge. gotta get one of those as soon as i find out more about those dash speakers

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

they make inline crossovers called bass blockers that you can use as well.. cheap and easy to install with a soldering iron. they are selectable at what frequency you want to block too.

·
Registered
413 Posts

devxmosh said:
at higher volumes, my dash speakers have a buzzy sound like they are trying to push out midrange tones instead of keeping with highs.

The dash speakers need to play some midrange, or some of the sound in the front stage would be lost........If you listen to the front door speakers they only play low frequencies (they are pretty much 6x9 subwoofers) the dash speakers fill in the rest. Without some midrange in the dash, the front would sound real bad. You possibly have blown out your dash speakers.....do you have the bass turned up real high? Personally I don't think you should drive the bass anymore than +2 at the most.....if you're driving it higher than that, and turning the volume past the amplifiers capability, you're going to get distortion. Distortion is a speakers enemy, and high levels of bass are a small speakers nemesis. These are things to keep in mind.:D

·
Registered
413 Posts
cachanilla said:
The dash speakers are 3".
that may be true if you measure it, but it still leaves us with nothing, as there is no after market 3" speaker. The only thing to do is to mod the location for a 3-1/2" coaxial.;)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

someone get me a pic of this.. i have yet to see a 3 in speaker. 3.5 yes 3" no.

EDIT.. it's got to be a 3.5" speaker.. surely dodge would not have done something dumb like that.

·
Registered
413 Posts

boostdog said:
someone get me a pic of this.. i have yet to see a 3 in speaker. 3.5 yes 3" no.

EDIT.. it's got to be a 3.5" speaker.. surely dodge would not have done something dumb like that.
Its not dodge....it's B/A. As I stated in an earlier post Crutchfield (although not gospel, they do alot of research before posting info) they are not a standard size. Keep in mind, modding the opening is not an impossible feat. I'm quite sure you are up to the task!!!:D

·
Registered
413 Posts

I found these 3" midrange speakers(HD-3 by CDT Audio). Couple these with a X-over and a tweeter and you got a nice dash upgrade.:D http://www.cdtaudio.com/new_breed_drivers.htm

1 - 20 of 25 Posts