Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need someone to weigh in on this for me... i just called my dealership to see what the status of my build is and nothing has changed... my build date wsa the 13th and their computer says it's still at d1 status and they are informing me that the car hasn't been built yet and that it's "at the gate" whatever that means... please, someone who knows better please let me know what's going on... !!!! getting antsy here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My order is also at D1 status. That usually referst to it still at the factory. I know that there's a list of all the codes somewhere on the forum, but damned if I can remember where it is... lmao!! Once it clears D1 status then it gets shipped to the dealership (hopefully), barring any unforseen difficulties. Should only be a matter of a week or so - at least that's what I've been told too. I hear ya - I'm getting pretty freakin' antsy too! I want my Caliber! :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one... sorry about both of our luck... it's so frustrating to see everyone else enjoying their wonderful new car and i have to wait and look at pictures of their wonderful cars... i have 340 pics of the caliber on my pc... it has taken over my life!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm still waiting too, ordered mine om 03/04/04 and as of 04/15/06 the car was still BX - passed edit, available for schedule. I can't even get to D1 after 6+ weeks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am sure it was just the Easter Holiday weekend that delayed production for a few days, as DCX takes Good Friday and the monday following Easter as Corporate Holidays.

·
Registered
53 Posts
the codes.

d1: gate line: plant has sequenced the unit for production estimate ship date is assingned approximite time in station is 12 days.

d: firm shedule serial number is assigned aprox time in station 5 days

c: tentitive shcedule

kzl: releases but not shiped

kzm: first rail departure

kzn: first rail arrival.

kzx: delivered to dealer

ther is a bunch more bu these the most important

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh, then mine was in D status a week and a half ago when I signed, so mine should be almost ready! I hope... :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Because I'm bored at work: :D:D

D - 1 gateline schedule - vehicle at the gate, ready to hit the line.
E - frame - vehicle is on the line. Frame assmbly underway
F - paint - vehicle is in the paint shop. Painting underway
G - trim - vehicle is being trimmed out. Final assembly underway
I - built not ok'd - final assembly complete. Awaiting inspection and QA
J - built ok'd - final assembly complete. Inspected and ready to release
JE - emission check - emissions testing underway
JS - shipped to storage - vehicle off the line. In storage awaiting delivery
KZ - released by plant , invoiced - released from storage. Invoiced and shipped
KZL - released - not shipped - released from storage. No invoice
KZM - first rail departure - vehicle in transit via rail service
KZN - first rail arrival - vehicle in transit. Arrived at distribution center
KZOA - plant holds - vehicle held at plant
KZOB - zone/distribution holds - vehicle held at distribution center
KZOC - carrier delays - delivery delayed by carrier
KZOD - carrier holds - vehicle held by carrier
KZOE - mis-shipped vehicle - vehicle shipped accidentally or to wrong DC
KZOF - show/test vehicle - vehicle slated to be a test bed or show vehicle
KZOG - damaged vehicle - vehicle damaged in course of assembly or delivery
KZT - second rail departure - vehicle in transit via rail service to regional center
KZU - second rail arrival - vehicle in transit. Arrived at regional center
KZX - delivered to dealer - vehicle delivered to dealer. Ready for customer
ZA - canceled - vehicle canceled.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Kathy: How did you find that?? LOL I tried for 25 minuets one day and could not find it for another post, cool, now I have it.
I had reposted it before, so this time I just checked my post history.
The first time I reposted it though, the code "KZOA" stuck in my head (for whatever reason!!) from reading the original post, so, I had just searched on that.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
I had reposted it before, so this time I just checked my post history.
The first time I reposted it though, the code "KZOA" stuck in my head (for whatever reason!!) from reading the original post, so, I had just searched on that.
LOL Interesting, I remembered the same code and searched for it, but did not seem to come up at the time. Weird!:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
slans said:
the codes.

d1: gate line: plant has sequenced the unit for production estimate ship date is assingned approximite time in station is 12 days.

d: firm shedule serial number is assigned aprox time in station 5 days

c: tentitive shcedule

kzl: releases but not shiped

kzm: first rail departure

kzn: first rail arrival.

kzx: delivered to dealer

ther is a bunch more bu these the most important
At which of these codes does the VIN get generated?

I've factory ordered many Dodges and GM's. Once they generate a VIN, it was generally 4 weeks away. All my Dodges have taken 10-11 weeks total from the time of the order.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I know with mine it was in D status and the VIN was already generated... now I just have to wait to see the car attached to the VIN... lol!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Raz said:
I know with mine it was in D status and the VIN was already generated... now I just have to wait to see the car attached to the VIN... lol!!
If a VIN gets generated by the time the car is in D status, then tell the dealer to obtain it for you. If the dealer cannot or will not obtain the VIN for you, then they're blowing smoke. Might be time to find a new dealer.

·
Registered
901 Posts
CrashTest said:
At which of these codes does the VIN get generated?

I've factory ordered many Dodges and GM's. Once they generate a VIN, it was generally 4 weeks away. All my Dodges have taken 10-11 weeks total from the time of the order.
Guessing that it's gotta be at some point in the B-something codes. Two days after my salesman entered my order, he called to say it was "in" or accepted, and I got my VIN. For my car, order till delivery was just 4 wks (March 6 till April 5).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sometimes when you order from the factory and the vehicle you order has “common” options, they’ll be able to pull one that’s already in the pipeline and give it to you. In those cases, it’s not uncommon to get one in a few weeks. My former wife's truck fell into that category and only took a few weeks.

All the other vehicles I’ve ordered from the factory had really odd-ball options and had to start the process from scratch.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts