Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a Mitsubishi TD04 but can someone break down what type it is.

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
What type? I'm not sure exactly what you're asking...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Are you looking for what Size it is as far as the hot side and cold side?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mattyice said:
its a mitsubishi TD04 with 5mm larger turbine and compressor wheels then the neon SRT-4
Thanks matty, I take it our turbos have no bearings, correct?

Also, explain what people mean by trim? I heard someone mention a "50 trim" and I have no idea what that means.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
leesrt said:
Thanks matty, I take it our turbos have no bearings, correct?

Also, explain what people mean by trim? I heard someone mention a "50 trim" and I have no idea what that means.

Yes turbos have two types of bearing. One is a plane bearing which is the more common, it sits in the center of the shaft, it has no race or ball bearings etc. Picture it more like a bushing with oil around it and a shaft that spins in it.

Then you have the new garrett setups that have ball bearings.

Search google images for a cut away view of one.

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
50 trim will have to be explained by someone else lol

my guess is that its either the inducer size in mm or its the amount of flow in lbs/min but like i said i have no idea

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
ok i have a Q for you people, when people talk about a xxG turbine, what does that means?

I heard that Evos have 16g turbo, or something like that
I think Evo X have 15G turbo, isn't it?

and Our turbine is _ _G ??

·
Registered
933 Posts
nothing g
ours is a tdo4 and theirs is a 16g different turbo

·
Registered
555 Posts
egk69 said:
ok i have a Q for you people, when people talk about a xxG turbine, what does that means?

I heard that Evos have 16g turbo, or something like that
I think Evo X have 15G turbo, isn't it?

and Our turbine is _ _G ??
there 4gs that I know of.. 16g's are small, large, and Evo 3, Hahn also sells a 20g. I have an Evo 3 in my DSM it seems to be the most popular of the 16gs, even tho its being replaced with a GT35aaarrr :banger:

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
leepen said:
there 4gs that I know of.. 16g's are small, large, and Evo 3, Hahn also sells a 20g. I have an Evo 3 in my DSM it seems to be the most popular of the 16gs, even tho its being replaced with a GT35aaarrr :banger:

:werd:

·
Registered
401 Posts
The next question would be, whats a better turbo the one in the Csrt4 or the one in the Cobalt T/C

·
Registered
933 Posts
no the next question is how much to upgrade the stocker with larger wheels etc to run 400hp and look stock.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
bryant said:
no the next question is how much to upgrade the stocker with larger wheels etc to run 400hp and look stock.
um, rts2 would be that price, subtract rts1 price and you roughly have what your paying for the turbo upgrade.

forsberg2110 said:
The next question would be, whats a better turbo the one in the Csrt4 or the one in the Cobalt T/C
cant really say. the csrt turbo might be better than the cobalts turbo on a csrt but a csrt turbo might not be better than the cobalts turbo on a cobalt.

we're making more power with less psi, but we have more c.i's. turbo vs turbo excluding what they have been mated too, youd have to see flow charts. i doubt the cobalts turbo would beat ours though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
LOL

Also there is no way the Evo x has a 15G turbo.. I would have to imagine it is still running a TD05 16G instead of the TD04 15G

My 3000GT came with little baby TD04 9B's, barely able to produce 18PSI, common upgrade is a 15G but are only able to produce 500awhp and only hav edone a 11flat 1/4 mile.

I know I am rambling but I am bored at work, and just waiting to pick my caliber up on the 16th of next month.

Its being built right now :)

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
EVO X's prolly have the same 16G turbo that the had in the previous 2 models

a TD05 15G is the same size as a stage 3 turbo

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finally something came up that I need another clarificaton on. I know we have a TD04 and the EVO X has the TD05. What does the 15G part represent?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts