Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To give us new information on the SRT-4?

Honda announces the Si sedan, and two months later their on the streets.
Nissan unveils the new SE-R Sentra, and they'll be out by March.

How long has it been since Dodge showed us the SRT-4 Caliber and still no delivery?

Lets at least hear something new...Official pricing, new pictures...anything dammit!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I heard...

from other UAW 1268 members that the re-tooling needed for the SRT-4 will be done while we are shutdown over Christmas. :D

Time will soon tell, but you asked for "something" and that's all I've got now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
I heard...

from other UAW 1268 members that the re-tooling needed for the SRT-4 will be done while we are shutdown over Christmas. :D

Time will soon tell, but you asked for "something" and that's all I've got now.
Well thats a start :thumbsup:

I'm just trying to save up some money so that maybe I can purchase a new sport compact within the next year, and I'm trying to decide on what I want...So...the sooner the SRT-4 comes out the better I will be able to decide wether I want to go with an Si, Spec V, GTI, MS3, or SRT...its a good time to be a pocket rocket enthusiast. :D

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
245/45ZR-17 said:

I'm just trying to save up some money so that maybe I can purchase a new sport compact within the next year, and I'm trying to decide on what I want...So...the sooner the SRT-4 comes out the better I will be able to decide wether I want to go with an Si, Spec V, GTI, MS3, or SRT...its a good time to be a pocket rocket enthusiast. :D
I think the car magazines will have a preview in the next 1 to maybe 2 issues like they did for the ms3.

Spec-v, GTI and Civic are only 200 ponies for the same money... not sure I like the spec-v, looks like an ION redline

·
Registered
20 Posts
I realize that the MS3 just came out, but does anyone know if Mazda plans to continue making it for additional model years?

Waiting for the release of the SRT is killing me!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
ultraviolet said:
I realize that the MS3 just came out, but does anyone know if Mazda plans to continue making it for additional model years?

Waiting for the release of the SRT is killing me!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_3
scroll down to the timeline, shows the 3 around until 09

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unoriginalusername said:
I think the car magazines will have a preview in the next 1 to maybe 2 issues like they did for the ms3.

Spec-v, GTI and Civic are only 200 ponies for the same money... not sure I like the spec-v, looks like an ION redline
If the SRT-4 starts at 22k then maybe I can afford one, but it would be easier for me to afford an Si at 20-21k, and the Spec V is supposed to start at $19,9XX. I think the Spec V will look much better dropped with some 18s.

The GTI is a little too pricey for only 200hp, granted it makes tugboat torque, but it weighs a ton, plus the cost of maintenance. :eek:

An MS3 would be nice, but again 23k it a bit much. It only I had more money...:(

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Dont forget, we first started seeing information from Dodge about the first SRT-4, 1.5-2 years from the original release date.

It was well worth the wait, and we all know that this car will be well worth the wait.

;)

245/45ZR-17 said:
To give us new information on the SRT-4?

Honda announces the Si sedan, and two months later their on the streets.
Nissan unveils the new SE-R Sentra, and they'll be out by March.

How long has it been since Dodge showed us the SRT-4 Caliber and still no delivery?

Lets at least hear something new...Official pricing, new pictures...anything dammit!

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
I cant believe you put the SI, and the Spec V in the comparison.

Gti, decent comparison, low on hp numbers though. Excellent interior. Ive got one in my driveway RIGHT now because a good friend is on holiday leave from army officer training right now from Georgia in his car.

MS3, fair comparison

245/45ZR-17 said:

·
Registered
728 Posts
It almost seems as if Dodge isn't all that excited about the SRT4. I mean, look at all the hype surrounding their other cars that are coming out... even the Avenger concept has more of a website than the SRT! WTF?

Why would they announce it SOOOOOO early, only to kind of move on to other things... it almost feels like they're just going to keep quiet, release it, and then move on like it's no big deal.

And would it really hurt them to get some lazy bastard employee to take a camera and snap a few new pictures of the damn car... maybe in OTHER colours..??? Just by doing THAT they would generate SUCH a buzz...

:mad:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ironside said:
It almost seems as if Dodge isn't all that excited about the SRT4. I mean, look at all the hype surrounding their other cars that are coming out... even the Avenger concept has more of a website than the SRT! WTF?

Why would they announce it SOOOOOO early, only to kind of move on to other things... it almost feels like they're just going to keep quiet, release it, and then move on like it's no big deal.

And would it really hurt them to get some lazy bastard employee to take a camera and snap a few new pictures of the damn car... maybe in OTHER colours..??? Just by doing THAT they would generate SUCH a buzz...

:mad:
Exactly, they could easily have a really good car here. One that will generate a boost in Caliber sales across the board. I mean come on, 300hp for around 22K is unheard of, much less in a fwd car. If this car can run in the 13s stock, and put up good track times on a roadcourse people will definately take notice.

The sport compact world will be changed forever, and Dodge just doesnt seem to care at this point...:confused:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
245/45ZR-17 said:
Exactly, they could easily have a really good car here. One that will generate a boost in Caliber sales across the board. I mean come on, 300hp for around 22K is unheard of, much less in a fwd car. If this car can run in the 13s stock, and put up good track times on a roadcourse people will definately take notice.

The sport compact world will be changed forever, and Dodge just doesnt seem to care at this point...:confused:
They care.... they sucsussfully have all of us drooling ready to pounce dealerships once the car arrives.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
They care.... they sucsussfully have all of us drooling ready to pounce dealerships once the car arrives.
That's true... but even though a few of US are going insane over the Caliber SRT.. most people in the "real" world know little or nothing about the thing.

I wonder if they're keeping it quiet because they're not yet sure whether or not it will be able to pull off everything they claim this beast will be capable of... Maybe there are still problems with body roll and what-not on the test track and they're not sure how to fix the problem.

Is it possible that they'll release it rather quietly and if it doesn't catch on very well then they'll scrap the idea for something else? Possibly start pushing some sort of SRT-Avenger instead?

I mean, if you ask ME.. it would seem they've already shot themselves in the foot because I KNOW that most of us will want to wait til the NEXT model year in case they "tweak" the damn thing like the neon SRT.

The primary market for this NEW SRT-4 will be SRT4 Neon owners, and I can put my money on the fact that not ONE of us will just part ways with our beloved Neon SRT4's until there is good solid PROOF that the jump is worth it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Torque steer problems have been addressed with change to a beefier steering rack and some subtle suspension tweaks for more stiffness up front.
Production like PVP's are on the street now, i'm sure an announcement will soon on a release date now.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
SRTcanuck said:
Torque steer problems have been addressed with change to a beefier steering rack and some subtle suspension tweaks for more stiffness up front.
Production like PVP's are on the street now, i'm sure an announcement will soon on a release date now.
source? sorry, folks with 2 posts who make big claims with no source/background info to support their claims are likely to be recieved with a little doubt... some more details (with source) would be great, thanks

·
Registered
687 Posts
I had nothing to do with the post above, but I have recently tried to make this website well know around the plant to all. I have also passed it on with several comments to AskDrZ.com not to mention in two recorded phone calls one of which was from the Auburn Hills Detroit MI office for customer relations which lasted over a half hour.

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3198&highlight=free+von

Back in March of 2006 I heard the Caliber SRT-4 pilot when kicked down would change lanes by itself from the sheer power. With that said, the delay we are seeing does not seem odd and with what user SRTcanuck has said sounds real to me. If we require a source for every post you might as well just read the newspaper when DCX says it's time.

Welcome to the board SRTcanuck :)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
If we require a source for every post you might as well just read the newspaper when DCX says it's time.
I don't mind reading the news paper, but the national enquirer isn't news... point is about credibility, if you say something of that nature it should have some more background info as to where the information is from, otherwise it's just a grain of salt

·
Registered
687 Posts
I do understand what your saying! I just don't want to scare anyone away that might really work for DCX and want to pass little bits of SRT-4 info our way. I think everything on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I do understand what your saying! I just don't want to scare anyone away that might really work for DCX and want to pass little bits of SRT-4 info our way. I think everything on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt.
^^ and thats all i was suggesting be added to the claim, in a nice way of course :D have to look out for fellow canadian's... welcome to the site srtcanuck

1 - 20 of 59 Posts