Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With this extensive delay of the SRT 4, wondering if DC will consider implanting the My Gig as an option?
Too good to even think about??

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yep, problem is that MyGig requires new wiring harness, and just like any auto company these days, they aren't going to change right away, they are going to use up all the wiring harnesses they already ordered. From what I heard, the MyGig won't be available until the 2009 model year.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Got any details on the different harness required? Simple as different pin locations or has the entire can-bus system been changed?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Fingernipp said:
Got any details on the different harness required? Simple as different pin locations or has the entire can-bus system been changed?
I would be more than willing to bet it is more than just a different pin location/ configuration on the My Gig harness. I bet it is the whole harness to the car and information system of the vehicle.

It kind of sucks, but that is what I am thinking...

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Re: No MyGIG for 2008 or 2009

Fingernipp said:
Vehicles offering the MyGIG system have an upgraded interior bus system which is a lot more complex than prior systems. The chances of someone coming up with some sort of interface in which all of the features work correctly are going to be extremely slim, if even possible, in my opinion.

Edit: MyGIG will be an available option for the 2009 model year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts