Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading recent posts about delayed Caliber special orders, I wanted to obtain more information about my order. I placed the order April 10 and had not received any information from the dealer, so I contacted them requesting the VON. I called Chrysler Cust service this morning and the rep told me that the vehicle has some type of restriction on the build (materials, something else) and unfortunately he is not provided the specifics.

There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people on these forums, anyone have any thoughts or insight?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well ironically enough I sent an email to my dealer asking for more information on the restricted status. They replied and said that the order just went from BG to BX (cleared for schedule?).

Any information on how long that is from build and ship?

·
Registered
141 Posts
According to my dealer, there is a supplier/parts issue causing holdup. I alreadly took delivery of my Caliber, so my dealer has no reason to snow me. He said I was lucky to have gotten mine in 5 weeks from order date. My order was submitted 3/7 and I had the car 4/11. My dealer has received 0 calibers since my special order arrived. The dealer sold its original allotment and has had none for nearly a month!
I know there are Belvidere (sp?) employees in this forum, maybe they can enlighten as to delays.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If I remember correctly, there was a problem getting certain parts for certain models. I'm not sure on specifics, but the high demand for these vehicles plus the supplier ****-up means more delays. You could be looking at anywhere from four to eight weeks or more between order date and ship date. Such is the nature of ordering vehicles. :( Correct me if I am wrong, however.

I got lucky with mine. I went to a dealer, found it, and bought it. I didn't have to go through this process. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts