Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the muffler looks kinda like a fuel tank, so much so that the salesman at the dealership thought it was, saying 'I don't know why the engineers put the exhaust through the fuel tank, but...' I obviously corrected him, and gave him a little greif, but he was new, so I can't blame him too much. none the less, what is with the big ol muffler, when I test drove the SE I couldn't even hear the thing run, had to rev it at lights to make sure it was still running, next mod, an aux tach

·
Registered
287 Posts
I know there will be an aftermarket exhaust soon. Look in the performance section to find a few threads on it. I am pretty sure it Magnaflo is working on something that should be out soon.

Will definetly be a lot lighter than the water heater sized muffler on this car.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mopar has a dual exit exhaust available for all models except the R/T AWD and magnaflow has one for just the R/T AWD for now...others coming soon!

·
Registered
294 Posts
The first time I saw my Caliber from the back, I thought it was the gas tank too, images of the Pinto came to mind.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
i dunno about you guys but my 1.8l sounds like a diesel when its stopped and just idling when i get out of it to open the garage door - and need i say it but i think that i may have the dreaded "caliber click" - mine was built in november i think ill have to double check tho..:eek: :confused:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
xcanuk said:
The first time I saw my Caliber from the back, I thought it was the gas tank too, images of the Pinto came to mind.
Deja Vu all over again!! I think I posted this same response last year. To stop tailgaters stick a EXPLOSIVE decal on your muffler.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I just took some high temp black stove paint and painted my muffler. Now it almost impossible to see from behind.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
hmm.. i have some black paint leftover from when i painted the pipe on my dirtbike after heating some dents out and discoloring it badly. This stuff is rated to 2000ºF and soo far is taking dirt/rocks very well.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Nice simple mod using black heat paint! :cool:

I think I might do that to mine.

Thanks for the share and the cool pictures too.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Michael K. said:
I just took some high temp black stove paint and painted my muffler. Now it almost impossible to see from behind.
Looks awesome! Where do you get black stove paint? From the hardware store (Home Depot or Menards)?

·
Registered
253 Posts
it is like bbq paint. you can get it in a bunch of colers for engin blocks as well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts