Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
there IS a registration card that needs to be filled out, when these are bought.
Is a small card with mcgard on it and hopefully the code number for your key.
these ARE not mopar brand, they are aftermarket.
only use a tire store or dealer as last resorts to remove them. good chance they will damage your wheels.
I had the same problem: I bought my csrt4 used, I think the owner couldnt afford it anymore... there wasnt a spare tire kit or even that foam container there, no floor mats, no wheel-lock key. My locks were mcguard as well, however the owner took that card out as well, and there were no records at the original dealership or with mcgaurd. :icon_flaming:

It ended up the very nice guys at forgeline wheels spent a couple hours with a air chisel and got them to turn off. Did a good job, they only nicked one wheel on the edge of the lug hole. With as much bouncing that chisel was doing I was expecting more.

·
Registered
663 Posts
A $7 wheel lock removers and an air gun got mine off. Not sure where you are but Princess Auto carries them.
I tried lock remover that went around the outside of the lug, was useless on mine since the mcguards have a rotating sleeve on the outside just for that reason.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.