Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Has anybody had problems with the lock key for their wheels - I changed a flat this weekend, only to have the pattern in the wheel lock break.
That meant that I couldn't get the tire off to change it. I ended up special ordering a new part from the company - costs me 55 dollars.
The dealer was no help - he told me (straight faced) that every set of wheel locks is different and they can't get a replacement lock key.

It might be a good idea to replace the wheel locks with a different type so you don't experience the problems I had.

·
Registered
294 Posts
When you got your caliber, you should have gotten the package the locks came it (along with the stock nuts) The key code is in the package. In any case, your dealer is full of.... lets just say its not knowledge :)
When it comes to any maintenance, specifically mention not to use impact wrenches on the locks, this is usually why the crack and break.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If they were Mopar and you purchased them with the car, they have a 3 year warranty. That the way I read the Mopar warranty. There is no way that lock shoud have broken if the wheels were tourged properly,not are wrenched .

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
And that's why I don't like wheel loks. You should have went to your local Sears, picked up the lug nut removal tool, and replaced them with regular lug nuts for half the cost of the new key. With the tools available anymore, wheel locks are more a novelty than anything. if someone wants your wheels, they are going to get them. Like I said. $10 tool from Sears and no need for a key to remove wheel locks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts