Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a set of winter tires from my PT Cruiser P195/65R15 with steel wheels.

I'm waitin for my Red SXT Caliber, Sport package, CVT and security group.

On my PT the standard wheels is 16" and there was no problem with the 15" for winter season.

Then on the Caliber SXT it's 17" and 15" on the SE model.

Do you think it's possible to put the wheels and tire of my PT on the Caliber for winter season.

Thanks everybody..............

Mike

·
Registered
64 Posts
15" wheels will fit, but the size you mentioned will negatively affect your speedometer. The regular tires are 205 70R 15's so if you put 195 65's then the overall diameter will be reduced. I have a set of 205 65R 15's from my '94 Mustang that will fit, but again will affect the spedometer because the aspect ratio and the width don't fit the regular tire's ratio.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Madelinot said:
Regular tires will be 17" on the SXT not 15"
That's correct, they're 215/60R17's, but the size for the SE (with the same size brakes) are 205/70R15's. So a 15" rim will fit, you just need to match the width and aspect ratio so that they're the same proportion to itself. For every 20mm in width you need to alter the ratio by 5 (generally speaking of course), and if you move just one size you can keep the tire on the same rim (again, generally speaking). My 205/65R15's will fit but the aspect ratio is just a little smaller so there will be a minute difference in diameter of the overall tire and the calibration of the spedometer. 195/65R15's might be a bit too small, they'll physically fit, but I'd be wary of using them. I'm wary of using mine... lol!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Raz said:
That's correct, they're 215/60R17's, but the size for the SE (with the same size brakes) are 205/70R15's. So a 15" rim will fit, you just need to match the width and aspect ratio so that they're the same proportion to the itself. For every 20mm in width you need to alter the ratio by 5 (generally speaking of course), and if you move just one size you can keep the tire on the same rim (again, generally speaking). My 205/65R15's will fit but the aspect ratio is just a little smaller so there will be a minute difference in diameter of the overall tire and the calibration of the spedometer. 195/65R15's might be a bit too small, they'll physically fit, but I'd be wary of using them. I'm wary of using mine... lol![/quote

Generally speaking though, for winter tires you go minus 1 on the tire tread width. So if you run 215/60R17's during the summer, you'd want to run 195/65R17 . 195/65R15's are nearly 2.6 inches smaller in diameter than the stock tire. If you use them, your speedo will read faster than you are actually travelling.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
+2......:d

·
Registered
135 Posts
PT Cruiser wheels will not work on a Caliber. The bolt pattern is different. It is 100 mm for the Cruiser and 114.3 for the Caliber.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just my opinion, but I'm planning to buy the 15" wheels and wheel covers for the SE and use Michelin X-Ice 205/75/15 winter tires instead of the 215/60/17 that I'll use during the other seasons.

By the way, 'Salut' to Madelinot from someone who lived for 2 years on the Magdalens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
calibered said:
PT Cruiser wheels will not work on a Caliber. The bolt pattern is different. It is 100 mm for the Cruiser and 114.3 for the Caliber.
Thanks for the information, then I will have to buy new wheels if I understand.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
canoenut said:
Just my opinion, but I'm planning to buy the 15" wheels and wheel covers for the SE and use Michelin X-Ice 205/75/15 winter tires instead of the 215/60/17 that I'll use during the other seasons.

By the way, 'Salut' to Madelinot from someone who lived for 2 years on the Magdalens.
Et bien salut à toi.. ah ah the beautiful Iles of Madeleine.

Bye

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have a question

would 195 50r16 toyo garrit h/t be ok for my rt awd

thanks

dcx rocks

Ps on en a besoin nous autre icitte au pays de la belle merde blanche (lolololololol0

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
pyro said:
...Ps on en a besoin nous autre icitte au pays de la belle merde blanche (lolololololol0
Aw c'mon guys - some of us are reading this in the US.

Therefore, please post in our most common language...Spanish! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
96 Posts
:D basicly sayin that we really need winter tires up here with that nice white shit lolololol :cool:

by the way was just realizin at the same time that these two country a very similiar language in its base or whatever (duh) ok forget it lets go back to cars

would 195 50 r16 fit touh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts