Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Caliber R/T on order. I've read that the brakes on the R/T are out of the Magnum/300 parts bin. Found some 17" steelies off a Magnum for sale. Will they fit the R/T? Backspacing problems? Looking for using them for winter rims. Thanks in advance for your help...

·
Registered
287 Posts
The stock R/T tires have 18" rims. I would think that 17" rims would not fit stock tires on an R/T.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The 17"'s will fit just fine. The spare is a 16" rim. But as for needing winter rims.... I don't think you will. Not unless you plan on getting low profile tires on the stock caliber wheels (not such a great idea as they're only 7" wide).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amandyke said:
The 17"'s will fit just fine. The spare is a 16" rim. But as for needing winter rims.... I don't think you will. Not unless you plan on getting low profile tires on the stock caliber wheels (not such a great idea as they're only 7" wide).
I'm thinking of getting 17" standard all season or true winter tires of taller profile but same diameter as the 18" tires. This is an attempt to save the 18" aluminum rims from Ohio salt plus save the (expensive) 18" performance tires for nice weather use. Stupid me already scored a set of new 15" Caliber wheels and covers only to find out later they won't fit!

I seem to be one of the few on this forum who are buying the Caliber as a workhorse and not a toy. I'm not dissing those planning/doing mods on their Caliber - I have "restified" my 1970 Road Runner with upgrade brakes, modern 5-spd and hydraulic clutch, repop of the factory wing, ceramic coat headers, etc. and have a cold air intake on my 98 Breeze that the Caliber is replacing (whenever it gets here!). I'll probably add a few mods to the Caliber beyond winter tires/wheels, just not 20s.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Umm ok. Just keep in mind that the stock 18's are a 55 series sidewall. So you really wont need the larger sideweall that the 17" rim would give you. my 2 cents

1 - 5 of 5 Posts