Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone new how i can find out where and when de callie has been produced?!

someone saied that the callie is produced in Belvidere/Illinois.
@ my rear-side window is printed in spanish: produced in mexiko.

:confused:

·
Registered
976 Posts
KimBo k. said:
someone new how i can find out where and when de callie has been produced?!

someone saied that the callie is produced in Belvidere/Illinois.
@ my rear-side window is printed in spanish: produced in mexiko.

:confused:
All Dodge Calibers are assembled in Belvedere Illinois USA
the components however are manufactured in many different locations
either by DC subsiduaries or direct component suppliers.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Your Caliber was made in Canada 10 years ago?

·
Banned
76 Posts
Although it is assemled in the U.S. with 70% of its parts being foreign built (not manufactured in the US or Canada) it is classified as an import vehicle according to the American Automobile Label Act (AALA).

·
Registered
126 Posts
ewitz said:
Although it is assemled in the U.S. with 70% of its parts being foreign built (not manufactured in the US or Canada) it is classified as an import vehicle according to the American Automobile Label Act (AALA).
:eek: oh no, the f'ing dreaded IMPORT word. No, say it isn't true.

·
Registered
160 Posts
KimBo k. said:
so, have looked.

car 's been build in 03/06
:)
So, is it a 2006.5 model then? And where is the difference between '06.5 and '07 anyway :confused:

·
Registered
203 Posts
ewitz said:
Me thinks you have your numbers reversed...

PARTS CONTENT INFORMATIONFOR VEHICLES IN THIS CARLINE: U.S./CANADIAN PARTS CONTENT: 70%

NOTE: PARTS CONTENT DOES NOT INCLUDE FINAL ASSEMBLY, DISTRIBUTION, OR OTHER NON-PARTS COSTS.
FOR THIS VEHICLE:
FINAL ASSEMBLY POINT:
BELVIDERE, ILLINOIS, U.S.A.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:
ENGINE: US
TRANSMISSION: MX

·
Registered
203 Posts
MikeinWoodstock said:
Check out this website...
http://www.autosite.com/content/shared/articles/templates/index.cfm/article_page_order_int/4/article_id_int/1969

According to them, the Caliber is considered an IMPORT...
Regardless... I was only making a point that his #s were reversed.. he states 70% of the parts are of foreign manufacturer when infact 70% are US made... that still falls under the AALA guide lines for Import/US Made, but I for one don't really care.. Hell, I had a Kia before the Caliber..

·
Registered
8 Posts
MikeinWoodstock said:
Check out this website ... According to them, the Caliber is considered an IMPORT...
I know my eyes aren't what they used to be and they were never that great, but I didn't see Dodge Caliber in any of the tables of that article.

·
Banned
76 Posts
GypsyBill said:
Regardless... I was only making a point that his #s were reversed.. he states 70% of the parts are of foreign manufacturer when infact 70% are US made... that still falls under the AALA guide lines for Import/US Made, but I for one don't really care.. Hell, I had a Kia before the Caliber..
My numbers are not backwards. Even the link posted above says that according to AALA it is 70% foriegn content and as such is labeled an IMPORT.

The cut of for foreign parts to retain domestic status is 60%.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nova Ranger said:
I know my eyes aren't what they used to be and they were never that great, but I didn't see Dodge Caliber in any of the tables of that article.
I thought the same at first, but it is the 5th on the list...

·
Registered
203 Posts
ewitz said:
My numbers are not backwards. Even the link posted above says that according to AALA it is 70% foriegn content and as such is labeled an IMPORT.

The cut of for foreign parts to retain domestic status is 60%.
From my window sticker:

PARTS CONTENT INFORMATIONFOR VEHICLES IN THIS CARLINE: U.S./CANADIAN PARTS CONTENT: 70%

From the article on the website:

Thanks to the Government, we have a way of gauging that content, though its usefulness is a bit questionable. Passed into law in the early nineties, the American Automobile Labeling Act (AALA) was an attempt to regulate what was called “Made in the USA,” by requiring that 75 percent of the parts content be from the US or Canada.

I realize that I am getting old and have trouble understanding things... but to me, that reads percent of parts made in US/Canada.. the remainder being the percentage of foreign manufacturer.. 70% US/Canada - 30% Foreign.. and yes according to AALA that classifies as an IMPORT.. I wasn't challenging your troll.. I was only clarifying the percentage.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts