Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, i've seen a decent amount in my area but not on the forums. I know a few members such as osirus are on here but who else?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
:wave::beerchug:

08sunburst is from chicago too

I saw a sunburst orange csrt4 today driving, he gave me that look like.....hey, can I haz black housing headlights.

·
Registered
186 Posts
im in chicago, near the logan square area... so far I think i have only seen 4 srt-4s... about a month ago i seen a sunburst orange one, but it had damage on the side of it.. not sure whos that was, then i seen a black one going southbound on i94... then the only other one i can remember was another black one parked on milwaulkee ave doing towards devon... it was parked on the main street.. other than that... nothing else... its kinda nice not seeing my car all over the place. As for my car... you will know its me if you see a blk one with a grayish srt4 decal on the side of my car.

Nick

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im in chicago, near the logan square area... so far I think i have only seen 4 srt-4s... about a month ago i seen a sunburst orange one, but it had damage on the side of it.. not sure whos that was, then i seen a black one going southbound on i94... then the only other one i can remember was another black one parked on milwaulkee ave doing towards devon... it was parked on the main street.. other than that... nothing else... its kinda nice not seeing my car all over the place. As for my car... you will know its me if you see a blk one with a grayish srt4 decal on the side of my car.

Nick
How long ago did you see the one on milwaukee and devon? That was either me a few months ago or there is a mechanic near milwaukee/elston that traded his in for a black ms3 a few months back :notallthere:

Who would be down for a meet come spring time? Anyone ever go out to strats?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
heh, I was at strats a few times. Nothing but haters and **** talkers. I'm down for a meet though

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heh, I was at strats a few times. Nothing but haters and **** talkers. I'm down for a meet though
Exactly, i just cruise up there with a caravan of cars when i have nothing else to do. I actually saw a silver csrt up there last time i went maybe it was you.

We should def get a meet going somewhere else just for us srt's :bigthumb:

Edit: To anyone in the chicago area, check out http://www.chicagolandsrtclub.com

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i parked across the street from strats. I have 2 close friends with skittles also so I;m sure I'll be at some srt meets

·
Registered
186 Posts
How long ago did you see the one on milwaukee and devon? That was either me a few months ago or there is a mechanic near milwaukee/elston that traded his in for a black ms3 a few months back :notallthere:

Who would be down for a meet come spring time? Anyone ever go out to strats?

i seen it maybe about a month ago, im usually around that area every friday, me and my buddies chill at a bar over there. That mechanic made a wise choice selling his ms3 lol, if he had it long enough it would have gone zoom zoom boom. I'd be down for a meet in the spring time, by then i should have all my mods on the car.. only thing i wanna do soon is get my windows tinted. As for strats... idk, when i had my evo i went a few times... seemed like there was always trouble... but that was a couple years ago when i got rid of it. Maybe we can get a better spot.. Maybe we can also set up some joliet or union grove runs once the weathers good.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i seen it maybe about a month ago, im usually around that area every friday, me and my buddies chill at a bar over there. That mechanic made a wise choice selling his ms3 lol, if he had it long enough it would have gone zoom zoom boom. I'd be down for a meet in the spring time, by then i should have all my mods on the car.. only thing i wanna do soon is get my windows tinted. As for strats... idk, when i had my evo i went a few times... seemed like there was always trouble... but that was a couple years ago when i got rid of it. Maybe we can get a better spot.. Maybe we can also set up some joliet or union grove runs once the weathers good.
let me guess, jets? or one of the bars near it? I only live a few blocks away so i'm in that area all the time. I think you misread my post, the mechanic traded his srt in for a ms3 :disgust: :thdown:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
union grove? I hit up the local spots and make a few runs wheres that at?

·
Registered
186 Posts
let me guess, jets? or one of the bars near it? I only live a few blocks away so i'm in that area all the time. I think you misread my post, the mechanic traded his srt in for a ms3 :disgust: :thdown:

we usually hit up Marys bar, its an older person bar, but its cool with us because the drinks are cheap, has a pool table and a jukebox... its not a huge place but the prices are worth it. I did misread your post... wow, i feel sorry for they new ms3 owner.... when he pops his motor hes gonna be crying... my cousin had his and was fully modded with an upgraded turbo and everything... his fastest time was a 12.8 a week after he sold the car the motor blew up.. not a reliable car at all. i mean its a nice car, but its sad that mazda knows the issue with that motor yet they are still producing it and wont fix whats causing the problem.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i try doing all my runs at route 66 in joliet, but union grove ( great lakes dragaway) is a good place to go http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/ most the time you can get 5-10 runs in no problem... its not the best track but not the worst... I just hate going to 66 because they cater to the pro cars and its 90% waiting 10% racing... its pretty said considering we all pay the same price to run our cars. Its funny though, most the time, i get more racing done going to and leaving the strip then actually being there lol.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Ah I gotcha, Im familiar with great lakes, thats where Ill garage takes their cars(northside tuning shop). Yea I hear the exact same thing about 66 too.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
im in the suburbs!!!!

i dont have an srt though :rofl:

dude, were you at the strats on north ave in villa park? i live two minutes away from there, no joke.. i hear that place from my house when there are meets there

im definitely down for a meet at some point, just to hang out and shoot the **** and whatnot

good to know that there are other caliber owners in my area!!!

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
i parked across the street from strats. I have 2 close friends with skittles also so I;m sure I'll be at some srt meets
in the medical center parking lot?

damn dude, i wish i would have found out that people lived close to me sooner, i would have been all over meets

fail on my part :rofl:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
lol your a northsider, not too close. PHUCK strats, lets all go to chicago indoor racing or do something kool.

http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/
isnt the indoor racing expensive though?

im close enough lol, the only other people i talk to on here are from the east coast and canada :rofl:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Im in the suburbs as well Bensenville/Elmhurst area. Ive been up to strats a few times with a buddy that has a Mach 1. I have only seen one other CSRT at strats the times ive been there parked across the street that had lambo doors and stickers all over it. Is that anyone on here? I also see a silver CSRT often in my area with the shocker sticker on the bumper as well.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Im in the suburbs as well Bensenville/Elmhurst area. Ive been up to strats a few times with a buddy that has a Mach 1. I have only seen one other CSRT at strats the times ive been there parked across the street that had lambo doors and stickers all over it. Is that anyone on here? I also see a silver CSRT often in my area with the shocker sticker on the bumper as well.
ive seen the silver srt at the dodge dealer in elmhurst (larry roesch) getting serviced, it also has different tail lights if i remember correctly

you live about 5-10 minutes from me man, im in addison lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah it does have different tails. I used to lived in Glendale Heights for two years prior to moving to Bensenville in November.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts