Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put the molded rear mud flaps on a new R/T. I would really like to do the same in the front that compliments/matches the rear. I saw another post using generic modded flaps at all four wheels. Looked good. Would sure like to see matching fronts for the factory molded rears. Why aren't they available? How long till they are? There is no stock protection from stone throws off the front wheels. We need this part available. C'mon Mopar.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I second this one.... I emailed dodgeparts.com about this a week or so back and they said "the factory is working on them".. (checks in the mail)...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Were the mud flaps easy to install yourself?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I asked my dealer (parts dept.). I was told they already come with rock guards on the corners in the front and there will be no other flaps for the front available!? Hmmm....someone is getting a lie :eek: . I will try another dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
102 Posts
sleazy, they weren't too bad at all to put in. You will need a drill to put small holes in the plastic bumper cover, a screwdriver, and maybe a small pair of pliers to hold that nut-like thing in place while you turn the screw into it, but it's pretty basic stuff. Each one only has 3 screws. I installed both of mine yesterday in about 15 minutes. Definately a worthwhile mod, especially with all the parks and stuff I go to! A lot of stones!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm with you on this, I ordered 2 sets and tried to mod the ones to fit on the front, but it's not going to happen. I think the front needs it more than the back, but what do I know, I'm just a consumer.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I too have to travel over some gravel. There is no protection on the front wheel wells that I can see. Front mud flaps are definitely a needed accessory. For now I crawl trying to avoid stone chips:( Hopefully Mopar will offer something SOON!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts