Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UGH! Supposedly, our R/T has was built on the 2nd or 3rd week of August. Updates since then have been (in order):
Built, held in QA
Released from QA, waiting to ship
Shipped (but no date or tracking)
On hold in QA....as of this week

Also, checking around at local inventory on www.dodge.com, there are only 5 Calibers on 2 dealer lots. In fact, the rest of the 10 total dealer in a 28 mile radius have NONE! This has been the story for the past 1-2 weeks.

I'm hoping that the next big rail shipment of Calibers to PA will have our car on it & that it will be soon. If they are building ~1000 units a day & this area hasn't seen any deliveries in that time, it must be soon! It's ridiculous to think that with that build rate that there would not have been a decent size shipment of Calibers to this area in the past month.

Monday will start Week 21 of waiting :( Tough knowing the vehicle has been built for a month now.

J

·
Registered
198 Posts
21 weeks!! I totally feel for you! I was going crazy waiting for 10 weeks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Apparently mine (which I ordered May 19th, however many weeks that is, I've lost track lol), is sitting in Ohio on a rail car. After double checking a recent map of the USA, I noticed that Ohio is EAST of Indiana...and I am a few thousand miles west of Indiana in the great Pacific Northwest...

OK I just found a recent calendar and counted, I'm over 18 weeks now. Guess I have only 3 weeks to go!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Holy crap. It really doesnt seem to make sence how this has been working. I made my order and the car was on the dealer lot around the 7th week. Shipping took about 6 days total.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Guess i lucked out just walking into a dealer and buying my R/T

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RadioDude said:
Apparently mine (which I ordered May 19th, however many weeks that is, I've lost track lol), is sitting in Ohio on a rail car. After double checking a recent map of the USA, I noticed that Ohio is EAST of Indiana...and I am a few thousand miles west of Indiana in the great Pacific Northwest...
OK, stopped by the dealer tonight after work & saw a hauler full of calibers, including 2 Marine Blue Calibers!!! As I got closer, they were not R/Ts. Spoke to my salesman & our Caliber was not on that hauler....he was disappointed for us.

He checked the computer & ours was actually shipped from Ohio today @ 3:30. Apparently, most/all Calibers get shipped from the plan to Ohio for final QA....which is also where they leave for various parts of the country by rail. So perhaps in 1 more week, ours will arrive. According to the PC, ours left the plant in Belvidere on Aug 29 for Ohio, but was put on QA hold. Salesman said he spoke to the regional manager who found out that a lot of Calibers were held for QA & needed a retrofit of some sort. He assured us that there are no major problems with the cars.

So maybe our Calibers are in the same "boat" or lot for the same reasons.

J

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Darren07RT said:
Guess i lucked out just walking into a dealer and buying my R/T
Wish we could have, but the wife wanted specific features with a specific color. Still have only seen very few R/T on lots around here.

J

·
Registered
340 Posts
A day or two ago I spoke to someone employed by DCX and in conversation it came up about production problems.

He stated Calibers are not getting to dealers right now because of brake problems, dash problems, and other electrical/computer glitches. He said it's been this way for a couple of weeks. They are just trickling in as they update them.

I called around the local dealers who have had several on their lots a few weeks ago and nobody has one......odd. I also noticed that the ads for the dealers in the newspapers no longer show Calibers, going back two weeks from my recycle bin.

There is one USED one with 17,000 miles on it for sale at a local dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts