Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, being an XM guy, I did not get the Sirius option with my caliber (yeah, I know they merged, but changes will take forever). Anyway, I have a RoadyXM receiver (pretty bad at that), and I need to find a spot to put it and the antenna. Where did you guys put yours and how/where did you run the wires?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put it on the front of the storage area right below the radio. I use the AUX jack. I mounted the antenna on the dashboard. Works great.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Mounted my Roady XT receiver in the otherwise useless drivers side cubby next to the window. usedm some 3M doublesided tape to make it stick, and bought one of the wired FM modulator kits. Drilled a hole in the back of the cubby to run the wires out of sight. Antenna is mounted centered on the roof just in front of the rear hatch. Antenna wire is run under the plastic roof moulding up to the front of the rivers side door where there is a small seam into the door jam from the plastic moulding. There is gets run through the door jam and up under the dash to the FM modulator adapter. Works great and clear reception always. If you want to listen to normal radio stations, you have to turn off the XM though, since the FM modulator works by over riding the fm signal from the car antenna.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cubby sounds like a good idea, I just dont want to go drilling holes in my Caliber and such. I was also thinking kind of what like O'reily had since I could avoid drilling that way. My radio is the upgraded 6 disc one, so I dont have the input jack, which is an annoyance with my iPod as well.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
No input jack on mine either, which is why I used the wired FM modulator. It plugs inline with the factory antenna wire. Don't have to worry about a strong local radio station overpowering your XM. It totally blocks all incoming signals from the stock antenna and only transmits the XM signal to the radio. Comes with a power adapter you can splice in to the cigarette lighter so you can hide the power cord up under the dash and still have the power receptacle in the dash for your cell phone charger.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Delphi-XM-Radio-Wired-FM-Modulator-SA10112-Skyfi_W0QQitemZ270096046187QQcategoryZ71533QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Works like a champ. You just can't listen to the normal radio station with the XM receiver on. Have to turn the XM off and regular radio will work fine again.

You'll need these as well to make it work

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chry...636QQitemZ150098114468QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

If buying online rather than Ebay, search for CR30 chrysler antenna adapter. The CR30 will get you both adapters. CR10 and CR20 are both individual cables. Cheaper to buy the CR30 than both cables seperately. I was able to find the cables cheaper online than through Ebay after shipping. But bought the SA10112 FM modulator through Ebay.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
All depends on how much you want to hide the wires. I chose to keep my wires completely out of site. Installation is relatively easy. The adapter itself is all plug and play. You just have to splice in the power socket if you want to use that. Took me longer to figure out how to get the dash apart than it did to run all the wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a xm skyfi and i mounted it just under the control knob on the right hand side of the radio and use the aux input but having problems antenna wires i have it mounted center back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts