Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Where did you route sub wires?

8K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  Jarkoette 
#1 ·
I'm about to install my sub this weekend. I have the basic sound system (no musicgate) with an after market head unit. I need some ideas on where to route the rca and power cables from the front of the car to the back of the car. I'm looking for a clean install but it seams that this is going to be difficult. If there is anyone out there who did this install themselves who might be able to offer some help I would be eternally grateful.

#2 ·
it's actually not hard at all.. i have mine on the drivers side routed allthe way to the back under the kick panel and sills even routed it under the brace in the hatch on the drivers side ( it's behind the qrtr panel)... not hard at all.

#4 ·
Where the back see mounts, wouldn't that work for a ground?

#6 ·
My power wire and remote turn on is run down the drivers side of the car. I removed the kick panel and lower trim pieces and ran it along to the rear of the car.

The RCA wire is run on the right side of the car in the same fashion.

The ground, i used a bolt where the seat bolts to. Make sure to sand the area to make a good connection to the chassis of the car.

If you want or need pictures, let me know and i can load some up.

#10 ·
My power wire and remote turn on is run down the drivers side of the car. I removed the kick panel and lower trim pieces and ran it along to the rear of the car.

The RCA wire is run on the right side of the car in the same fashion.

The ground, i used a bolt where the seat bolts to. Make sure to sand the area to make a good connection to the chassis of the car.

If you want or need pictures, let me know and i can load some up.
Mine is setup in the same manner (pretty much a standard install on any car).
Someday I'll get my sub box finished so I can actually use those wires.

#7 ·
on another note, holy dead thread revival :rofl:

#9 ·

#14 ·
Yea.. 0awg wire i refuse to work with. If you need 0awg wire, youd better have a high output alternator and an optima battery first. Good ole 4awg is fine up to about 135 amps, which is what the alt on most cars put out.

In my car, i have 8awg wire run. It was free, and it is enough for the amp im running(40 amp current draw.) when i add a 4 channel, i MAY upgtade to 4awg, depending on the current draw of the 4 channel.

I cant believe an install shop would want to run wire like that...

#15 ·
Yea.. 0awg wire i refuse to work with. If you need 0awg wire, youd better have a high output alternator and an optima battery first. Good ole 4awg is fine up to about 135 amps, which is what the alt on most cars put out.

In my car, i have 8awg wire run. It was free, and it is enough for the amp im running(40 amp current draw.) when i add a 4 channel, i MAY upgtade to 4awg, depending on the current draw of the 4 channel.

I cant believe an install shop would want to run wire like that...
My beliefs have always been, if you need 0 gauge wire, your doing something you're not suppose to. If there is that much power draw, a second battery should be installed in the trunk.

#18 ·
i have run 3x 0-gauge power wire under my car because that was the only option

the hole in the kickpanels near the clutch that suposed to end in the frontfender didn't work because if you remove the plastic caps that seal the hole and you remove the foam in the hole, i got screwd ... inside the hole the frame and the outside of the care where solded togheter
so inside and outside a hole but it didn't go al the way because 2 fat plats of iron where solded togheter there

#23 ·
and youre running that amp in a caliber?

its funny, because the caliber alternator puts out a maximum of 135 amps.

So, in order to run that amp properly, you wouldnt need a couple high output alternators, as well as extra batteries.

You can only run as much as the car allows, and the caliber will not properly support an amp that has a current draw of 1k amps.

#30 ·
Anyway, back on topic here.
For running normal power cables (up to 4guage), you can run it through the firewall and under the kick plates.
Those running comps for noise and distortion, you can run the extension cord out the window to your power source.
this made me lulz

#31 ·
I ran my power wire down the driver side and then through a small chamber designed in the back of the enclosure and then up through the amp rack. This is my pride and joy (and first custom enclosure) so be gentle.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.