Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AS of today my car has been orderd for over two months. Countless calls to my dealer, all I get is build code BG. Dealer states that there is a problem with the standerd tranny having oil leaks and having to be redesigned because of manufacturing issuses. Can anybody give me any more info? THANKS ACE........

·
Registered
8 Posts
All I know is that I have also been waiting for my car for 2 months. What I was told that there was a problem in manufacturing and it is fixed now. I was also told that my car is going to ship on the 10th of October. My dealer ship that he has people on the inside following it. My are is also set for priority and already sold.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My wife and I ordered our car June 7th. My wife talked to someone at Chrysler last week. Our car was built the week the robots were running into each other. All 4,000 cars built that week were shipped to Ohio for quality control. Still waiting.:mad:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
No offense, but 6-8 weeks is standard wait time for a new vehicle ordered from the factory. Anything over that then you can start worrying. But with the productions problems talked about in other threads on here, you can bet it will be longer. I ordered a Car in May and it was delivered to the dealer the end of August, but I had already bought a different one not expecting the one I ordered to be at the dealer in time for me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Got news for ya, 2 months is nothing & it doesn't matter if it's supposed to ship on a certain date & "people on the inside" are following it. We ordered ours May 1....vehicle was built mid-August, left the Belvidere factory Aug 28 for final inspection in Ohio. Current status as of Sep 29....still in Ohio. The car's been built & left the factory for 1 month & has been "stuck".

We were originally told approx 12-14 weeks.....& have been told it's been shipped for a month. Well, it's been 21 weeks now & still nothing. Our dealer has also talked to the regional manager & red flagged our car in August with no help.

Ours may be unusually long for some reason, but consider yourself extremely lucky if you get your car in less than 12 weeks.

J

·
Registered
911 Posts
If you're in BG status then you may still be waiting for a dealer allocation. Dodge does this thing with Caliber orders called allocations to control the number of orders dealers can put through. Not every dealer gets an allocation every month. Some only get them every 2 or 3 months. Thats why you may see some dealers have more Calibers than others. Typically your order will go into D status when you get an allocation. I had to wait a month for a dealer allocation.

I ordered my Caliber on May 1st (got allocation June 5th) and got it August 26th. The standard wait time for any Chrysler order is about 6 to 8 weeks like HSKR said. I remember ordering an '02 Neon ES from the dealer in October and got it in December. But the Caliber assembly plant kinda went through some growing pains and is a little behind. Those issues seemed to be all fixed now so they should be catching up. You just need to be patient. I know you're probably thinking I've had enough of this patience crap, but it will come. I thought the same thing and then one day my dealer called and said it was sitting on the lot and was ready to be picked up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
ace said:
AS of today my car has been orderd for over two months. Countless calls to my dealer, all I get is build code BG. Dealer states that there is a problem with the standerd tranny having oil leaks and having to be redesigned because of manufacturing issuses. Can anybody give me any more info? THANKS ACE........
For what it's worth I was told the same thing. I ordered mine on June 5, and still no dice. I was in D1 in August, then back to C and told now it's in D1 again, although no one can give me a build date. Told my dealer on Fri that I need some information or I will be finding another car....sadly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our caliber took 20 weeks to arrive, I'm a DCX employee and pulled every string possible.just be patient its worth the wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts