Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Cali 3 weeks ago and noticed when i got out of the dealership that the white paint on the body and on the bumpers don't match, neither on the front bumper nor on the rear bumper... It's kind of yellowish on the plastic parts, and white ( as it should be ) on the body.
Anyone had the same issue?
I called the dealership who said i should stop by to see what they can do.
I'll take pictures and let you know whats up.
L8ter.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Yep, agree with Panzita... the plastic parts do take color differently and it's more apparent on lighter colors. If it is a drastic difference however, a repaint might help.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah well they're not really yellow, but you can tell there's a big difference between the two.
Anyone in the U.S has had the same problem?
i'm in france btw.
thx.

·
Registered
198 Posts
That's funny you say that. I just noticed today that my rear bumper is a bit different in color than the body. I hadn't really noticed until today, but Panzita makes a lot of sense about the different paint process.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good thing for black :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
When I had mine repaired after the wreck, I thought the bodyshop had screwed up as the paint looked different on the front bumper.. when we looked at the rear bumper, you could see the difference.. his explaination was the same.. plastic versus metal...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
White is a hard color to mtch to begin with, then take into acount the bumpers are painted seperate from the rest of the vehicle at the factory. If they used a diferent batch of paint to paint the bumprs, it could posibly be a diferent color. A good paint shop should be able to match the paint no problems, even on plastic. I would definitly take it to the dealer an request they repaint it. Mismatched paint from the factory shouldn't be something you have to acept. Especialy if you care about what you car looks like.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I agree...the dealer should take care of it on thier dime! When you but a brand new car...the last thing you want to worry about is the fact that the color doesn't match!! Tell them to get it right or get it gone!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
my 02 neon se has the same issue....the bumpers are a totally diff color ...sucks! also has anyone had any specaling on their cali.? i have either white or silver specs all over the rear and front passanger door jam.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts