Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looksing for specific people here, those who have ORDERED an R/T All-Wheel-Drive & are STILL WAITING. I'm thinking that the AWD option may be the part that is holding up delivery for us (& possibly others) as it may not be a poular option or may need special attention of some sort after being assembled (grabbing for straws here).

Specifically, ours was built in August & left the Belvidere plant on Aug 28 & has been on "Carrier Hold" for the past month.

So I'll start off....please list if you know your car has been built & what it's current status is.

Ordered May 1
Built mid-Aug
Left Belvidere Plant Aug 28 ("shipped")

J

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I dunno.. I ordered after you at the end of july and got it mid september.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered mine Sept. 2 and it's currently in transit, scheduled to arrive the week of Oct. 9 (next week). I was lucky in that my dealer already had one similar to mine on order (as part of his allocation), and he was able to switch out a few of the options I wanted on the already-placed order, so it has been a fast process. I don't know if I could be as patient as some of you have had to be.

·
Registered
414 Posts
jmettee said:
Looksing for specific people here, those who have ORDERED an R/T All-Wheel-Drive & are STILL WAITING. I'm thinking that the AWD option may be the part that is holding up delivery for us (& possibly others) as it may not be a poular option or may need special attention of some sort after being assembled (grabbing for straws here).

Specifically, ours was built in August & left the Belvidere plant on Aug 28 & has been on "Carrier Hold" for the past month.

So I'll start off....please list if you know your car has been built & what it's current status is.

Ordered May 1
Built mid-Aug
Left Belvidere Plant Aug 28 ("shipped")

J
That sounds fishy to me, start bugging the salesman, then move up the food chain to the manager, then owner of the car dearlership.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We're stopping by the dealer tonight to get another weekly update. It's a small dealer & our salesman is also the sales manager. He's been checking on it daily for us, he's spoken to his (regional?) manager, & they red flagged it in August.

Odd thing...called DC yesterday & they said something VERY odd...."the R/T, specifically the AWD is special.....system shows they won't be shipping any of them until AFTER OCTOBER!" I find this very hard to believe because 1) all Calibers a built at the same location so no need to ship them separate from other versions, 2) they would have to have a HUGE parking lot to store that many Calibers (figure AWD version are 10% of the 1000/day of the Calibers produced X 1 month=3000 cars). I was assured though that there is nothing wrong with the car.....it's just not being shipped until next month.

That's too tough to swallow & I call BS.....bigtime! We'll see what the dealer system shows.....think I'll ask for a printout if I can get it.

J

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OK, here is the update....& there is none. I got a print of the status from the dealer & car is still in "Matzinger Yard, Ohio" with the last update on 9/26. Dealer & I are both guessing that Matzinger Yard is a rail yard, but not sure. Guess it's been sitting on a rail car waiting to move since it arrived there on 9/22?

J

Attachments

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well truthfully, its now in the hands of the rail company (union pacific). Nor the dealer or chrysler has any control of when your Caliber gets to the nearest rail yard. If there's an issue with either the train or railcar it can take as long as a month, possibly longer to get that train or railcar moving again or to get your Caliber on to a different railcar. Lets hope that isn't the case. I remember my Caliber sat somewhere in Ohio for 2 days before it left again for Buffalo. It could be that they're either loading or unloading railcars. Remember that your Caliber isn't the only thing on that train. They may be waiting for cargo to arrive to be shipped elsewhere. Anything could be happening really.

You can actually track the railcar if you know the railcar number. It may be on the print out status that you got from the dealer. If you have it then go to http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp and put in the railcar number and it will tell you where the railcar is. It updates multiple times a day. If you don't have the railcar number, either ask your dealer or call the Chrysler Customer Center and give them your VIN and they can tell you the railcar number.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've attached a scan of my status from the dealer. From what it looks like, there's no tracking/rail car number. I'm assuming that this is definitely a rail yard. I now understand that it is out of DC's hands & in the line of shipping.

DCX did not say anything about being on a rail car (couldn't tell me much pertaining to its whereabouts). Dealer was not sure where it was either. The status sheet also shows no ETA. So maybe 1 more week of waiting will produce some movement & get our Caliber to us.

J

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
As mentioned in other threads, it also has a lot to doo with dealer allocation. It could be waiting for more Calibers ordered around your area to be built and delivered to the place yours is until there is enough to make a full load for delivery. You said it was a small dealer, so might not be very many cars headed that way, and may take a little time to get a full load for delivery.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Mine has been in the rail system for at least 2 weeks... that's all I know. No idea when it will finally make it to me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone know exactly what their status is & where their car is located? Yesterday, my dealer said our car has no update since Sept 26 & is still in Matzinger Yard, Ohio, status "Carrier can put on hold".

The dealer said he made some phone calls & got a confirmation e-mail from Chrysler saying that they successfully got Chrysler to put our car on Priority shipping. Not sure if that will do anything at this point.

Also, got mixed info....I had thought that Matzinger Yard, Ohio was a rail yard....but the dealer said that it might be a DCX retrofit center. Does anyone know what Matzinger Yard really is???

J

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
well there seems to be a MATZINGER RD TOLEDO OH. Also seems like there is a ton of industrial stuff on that road along with a rail yard.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's what I found & had assumed a rail yard. I'm still trying to figure out if it's part of the shipping/rail lines or part of a DCX facility that is holding the car (i.e. is it waiting for parts or is it waiting for shipping movement).

J

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE: Finally, our status has been updated since Sept 26. As of Oct 11, our car is really at a rail yard. Status says "In Bay at Facility" @ "Toledo Rail, OH".

So it sounds like our car is released from DC facilities & into the shipping lanes. Hopefully something goes right for us & it ships quickly instead of waiting at the rail yard for a couple weeks.

J

·
Registered
17 Posts
Allo,mine arrive just last wednesday to the dealer near Montreal,with 2 jeep.I was D1 on the 3thr week of august,so it take 8 week,But i bought my car on may 8.All 5 months.Good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts