Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done their own oil change on their caliber yet? Just curious as to how easily is it to get to the filter, oil pan and everything.
Ive doen a few searches, but all i can find is when to change it, and its at the dealership to be changed...

·
Registered
911 Posts
These new cars require the oil to be changed? :eek:

·
Registered
86 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
These new cars require the oil to be changed? :eek:
Next their going to tell us that we have to add washer fluid.
Don't people know that there is a neverending supply?:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
gsx rated98 said:
ha ha ha everyone is a jokster.... hehe
I WISH I could change my oil. I got no Caliber.:(

·
Registered
143 Posts
didn't do it myself but rather had the dealership do it. It took 45 mins and I had to pay 15 bucks extra because they said it takes a diffrent sized/shaped filter then other vehicles.. that was a bummer.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am FINALLY due for an oil change. I'm taking it to my dealership tomorrow. I'm requesting that they make the change with Mobil 1 synthetic oil. Anyone else done that?

Tyke

·
Registered
26 Posts
I took mine into the dealership on monday after Jiffylube turned me away. They said the caliber has a 'canister' filter, which I have no idea why that would be different from an ordinary filter, but they said I wasn't the first caliber to come in and that they didn't have the replacement part. Oh well, dealership did it for $19 :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
cannister filter ususally means there's a cannister built into the engine and the filter is just that, a drop in element by itself. darn no user manual. I'll go take a look later and snap a pic. I like discovering stuff, never RTFM sometimes anyways :)

bewarned with those quick oil change places. the industry is rampant with outright fraudulent operations.

·
Registered
414 Posts
MrTyke said:
I am FINALLY due for an oil change. I'm taking it to my dealership tomorrow. I'm requesting that they make the change with Mobil 1 synthetic oil. Anyone else done that?

Tyke
We used synthetic, we used the Amsoil 5W20. It made me quiver it is so slick.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
dbsynergy said:
I took mine into the dealership on monday after Jiffylube turned me away. They said the caliber has a 'canister' filter, which I have no idea why that would be different from an ordinary filter, but they said I wasn't the first caliber to come in and that they didn't have the replacement part.
Man CrappyLube is full of it. It's not a cartridge filter! Most cars use a canister filter for crying out loud. I'd never trust my car to them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've taken my car in for its first oil change which was free at the dealer (coupon with the Dodge owner information stuff). Almost time for the 2nd...

·
Registered
911 Posts
I just stick with changing my own oil. Then I know its done right and I don't have to worry about some a-hole screwing up. I always use 5w30 Mobil 1 with a WIX filter in all of my vehicles. I can usually get around 5000 to 6000 miles out of an oil change with Mobil 1.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Even with full Synthetic oil, I don't push my luck past 3k. And if I've been driving hard, I'll even take that down to 2k.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts