Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my caliber into the dealer yesterday with a few of the common concerns ( spark knock,rear window leaking,loose console) and a few others and they just told me everything is normal. I wonder if the dealer realises that the more they try to brush me off without fixing my car the more upset and angry I will get so the the help of this forum I have printed off the list of TSB's and other concerns to get them addressed

·
Registered
146 Posts
Try another dealership...

No fix for the spark knock @ this time, unless the recall flash does it for ya, it has for some I guess.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Because they don't want to waste thier time fixing little problems that they don't make any money from. They get re-imbursed for warranty repairs by DC, but if it takes them longer than what DC says it should, they don't get any extra money, where as if it's not under warranty, they will charge you what the book tells them it shoudl take for time unless it takes longer, and then they will charge you actual time. For instance, say thier repair manual says it's a 2 hour job, but they finish in 1 hour, they will still charge you for two hours. But it the same job ends up taking 3 hours, they will charge for three hours of work. For warranty repairs, they only get what DC says it shoudl cost for the repair.

·
Registered
15 Posts
HSKR said:
Because they don't want to waste thier time fixing little problems that they don't make any money from. They get re-imbursed for warranty repairs by DC, but if it takes them longer than what DC says it should, they don't get any extra money, where as if it's not under warranty, they will charge you what the book tells them it shoudl take for time unless it takes longer, and then they will charge you actual time. For instance, say thier repair manual says it's a 2 hour job, but they finish in 1 hour, they will still charge you for two hours. But it the same job ends up taking 3 hours, they will charge for three hours of work. For warranty repairs, they only get what DC says it shoudl cost for the repair.
Yes it is true that dealers only get paid for labor time what is determined by DCX but they also have a labor book they use for c.p work. It is required that all labor times be quoted when they contact the customer for approval. They can not charge extra then what they quoted unless they contact the customer and explain why there is a difference in labor charges and then and only then the customer needs to agree to the extra labor charges. so if the job is quoted for 2 hrs of labor and the tech takes 3 hrs he only gets 2hrs of pay. I have played this game time and time again working in a dealership.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Any dealer that doesn't satisfy their customers in a situation like this, might be saving a buck or two and some time in the short term, but they need to realize they lose alot more money in the long term, with customers deciding to take their business (and their friends and family) elsewhere.

Back in the day when I was a shift manager at McDonald's (yeah it's your typical fast food job but I took alot of great skills from it), they taught us that repeat business is where they make their money, and "The Customer Is Always Right." An extra unchared hour or two of labor to keep a customer happy should be obvious.

Next time you have a problem with your service (in any situation), you might remind them of this. When you start talking potential future dollars, or the lack thereof, they might reconsider their tactics. Maybe.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
calinthehouse said:
Yes it is true that dealers only get paid for labor time what is determined by DCX but they also have a labor book they use for c.p work. It is required that all labor times be quoted when they contact the customer for approval. They can not charge extra then what they quoted unless they contact the customer and explain why there is a difference in labor charges and then and only then the customer needs to agree to the extra labor charges. so if the job is quoted for 2 hrs of labor and the tech takes 3 hrs he only gets 2hrs of pay. I have played this game time and time again working in a dealership.
If it was an honest and good dealer to begin with, then yes, what you say it true, but since most customers don't know what you posted, the dealer will try to get away with as much as possible, which includes charging more for labor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a parts manager a Dodge dealership in Houston, and we get graded on CSI which directly comes from the consumer when they submit their survey grading the experiance they had at that particular dealership. I would suggest you take your vehicles to get serviced at a 5 star dealer, they have more to lose if they give you bad service, and they care more about the customers wants/needs.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So get this when I pull into the service deptment to get my caliber looked at the first thing the service person says is "you will get a servey in the mail if you give it to me I will give you a free oil change and a interior and exterior detail it looks like thedealers have given up on trying to impress you with there service now they just try to bribe you so they can keep there five star service sign

1 - 9 of 9 Posts