Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the specs of MazdaSpeed3 and I see the TQ is much more than HP (I guess it's due to Direct Inject which causes a cooler and denser air, more TQ), but why is the TQ much lower in the Caliber? Almost any Turbo car I've seen, the TQ is more than HP.

I was talking to a Dodge mechanic who had gone to school for the new SRT4 and he said, it basically has all the stage3 components of the Neon SRT4. I've got SRT4 stage3 W/O toys and I get 365 HP, 370 TQ to the wheel, but the Caliber shows alot less numbers. I wonder why!
..Ben

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
SRT_Rocks said:
I was looking at the specs of MazdaSpeed3 and I see the TQ is much more than HP (I guess it's due to Direct Inject which causes a cooler and denser air, more TQ), but why is the TQ much lower in the Caliber? Almost any Turbo car I've seen, the TQ is more than HP.
WRX STI - torque is the same as HP at 300 (my06)
Volvo s60R - HP is 300, TQ is less at 295lbs
Soltice GXP - hp and tq. are the same at 260
Ion redline - HP is 205, TQ is less at 200lbs

(1) not all FI cars have more tq. than HP as you can see from a few of the above.

(2) we are dealing with manufactures claims and dynos hear... dodge claimed 215hp for the first srt4 and it dyno'd 230hp at the wheels so lets not get caught up in marketing specs vs. actual dyno pulls.

(3) both the MS3 and the SRT4 will be using varrying forums of electronic torque control to leak boost out the wastegate and retard the ecu timing for a few gears (3 in the ms3) so regardless of what a dyno shows in a 4th gear pull is what will be more telling on who actually gets that power to the ground in the first three gears

1 - 2 of 2 Posts