Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What is the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS?

The origin of the event started as a 1-day LX-platform and SRT meet & greet of around 100 forum members and enthusiast in Ohio and surrounding regions. In its first official year, as a 2-day drag race and car show event it grew to over 200 LX- and LC-platform forum members and enthusiasts from 33 States, Washington DC, Canada and Australia. In addition, there was the support of over 40 aftermarket vendors which made it possible for us to award over $60,000.00 in prizes and did a makeover on 2 forum members' LX vehicles. If that was not enough, there was an official event DVD filmed and produced along with the event being featured in both Mopar Action Magazine and Mopar Muscle Magazine. To this date there is no other LX/LC event in the country that has accomplished or offered all of those things in one weekend. That was just the first year so hold onto your hats for what's to come for 2009!!!

This is the ONLY combined drag race, car show and enthusiast event to the east of the Mississippi dedicated to YOU the Modern Mopar enthusiast. This is a modern event . . . . . . for the modern Mopars. Which means you will NOT be competing against any Coronets, Dusters, or Cudas here. Bring your modern HEMI, bring your V6, bring your stroker, bring your turbo; whether you're stock or modified it doesn't matter as long as you remember that OHIO is the only home of the LX NATS!!!

Why should I attend?

For 2009, our goal is to bring together over 400 LX, LC and Modern Mopar forum members, fanatics and enthusiast from across the country for a weekend of fun and maybe a few surprises. If you live east of the Mississippi this is definitely THE EVENT for Modern Mopar enthusiasts and owners to attend. If you live west of the Mississippi come out and see how the other half of the country celebrates and enjoys their Modern Mopar vehicles. Young or old, we all have the same interest and love of our Mopar vehicles.

Why does the event exist?

This event was created, organized and is run by 2 forum members and Modern Mopar enthusiasts just like yourself. We are not a company trying to sell you anything or a team of people flooding the forums with propaganda. Chuck and Anthony are 2 people with the vision and the motivation to create a nationwide event for an automotive community we are active within and passionate about supporting. Although we both have an appreciation for all vehicles, if you look in either of our garages or driveways you will see a whole bunch of Mopar love.

We greatly appreciate the support of all of the vendors but also remember that the event and what it was founded on is the people. In the past we have had many fly out here just to be apart of the experience even if they could not bring their car with them. There is no more perfect example than that to explain what the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS is all about - the "experience" of meeting and bonding with old friends and new ones.

Most people don't realize it but the 2008 event was organized and run by just 2 PEOPLE that made the commitment and put in a year's worth of their own time calling vendors and magazines, setting up hotels, sending e-mails and losing a whole lot of sleep to make it happen. Those same 2 people have been working since last year's event ended to make it happen again for 2009.

Who is invited?

If you own any LX-platform (Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Magnum) or any LC-platform (Dodge Challenger) you need to make plans to be here on July 18-19, 2009. It doesn't matter if it's a HEMI or a V6; ALL are welcome an invited to attend.

Also, new for this year, the following Modern Mopar owners and enthusiasts will be invited to participate: Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, Dodge Ram SRT10, Dodge Viper and Viper SRT10, Chrysler Crossfire SRT6, Plymouth Prowler, Dodge SRT4 and Dodge Caliber SRT4.

Heck, even if you don't own any of these but want to see some of the fastest and coolest looking rides on display or run down the 1/4 mile drag strip THIS is exactly where you should plan on attending.

We have many more details to come and look forward to seeing you all on JULY 18-19, 2009!!!

Stay tuned to the main thread on your forums.

Right here:
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=147694#post147694

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2009 LX & BEYOND NATS Tentative Schedule

Tentative schedule has been posted. Check it out!

2009 EVENT SCHEDULE

This is not final yet, but we wanted to give everyone an idea of how the schedule is shaping up and also some of the caravan coordinators have been asking so they know when to get here and when they can plan on heading home.

Is it July yet? :stickpoke:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I hope alot of guys on here can make plans to come. It is a blast!

Come on guys let's make a statement with 20 or 30 caliber srt-4's:beerchug:

July will be here before you know it.

If anybody wants to start putting caravans together we could do it in the regional thread.....

Half the fun is getting there:jester:

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Never been to anything like this before but I would love to go. Meets are about all I have done so far. I would love to get more involved in this kinda stuff :bigthumb:

My girlfriend and I are into cars, me more so. How does the racing thing work? Can we race just for fun or do we need to sign up? I am a totally noob when it comes to this stuff... :jester:

Organized stuff like this gets me really confused sometimes :jester: Don't ask... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Never been to anything like this before but I would love to go. Meets are about all I have done so far. I would love to get more involved in this kinda stuff :bigthumb:

My girlfriend and I are into cars, me more so. How does the racing thing work? Can we race just for fun or do we need to sign up? I am a totally noob when it comes to this stuff... :jester:

Organized stuff like this gets me really confused sometimes :jester: Don't ask... :bigthumb:
Sometimes you have to pay to just go down the track for fun, sometimes you have to enter in class to go down, sometimes they let showcars go down once. That is usually pretty entertaining in itself.

If you have never run your car, you may want to hit a local test- n- tune.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Sometimes you have to pay to just go down the track for fun, sometimes you have to enter in class to go down, sometimes they let showcars go down once. That is usually pretty entertaining in itself.

Cool thanks :bigthumb:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope alot of guys on here can make plans to come. It is a blast!

Come on guys let's make a statement with 20 or 30 caliber srt-4's:beerchug:

July will be here before you know it.

If anybody wants to start putting caravans together we could do it in the regional thread.....

Half the fun is getting there:jester:
Ain't that the truth!!! :beerchug:

mopartodd sumed it all up for me, thanks! :bigthumb:

For this event you will need to enter a class to run down the strip. Even if you are not "competing" it will be fun to "line up" against someone with similar-powered car to yours.

I would highly recommend trying to get out to a local test-and-tune to get a little practice but if you don't get a chance no worries. There will be plenty of folks that can walk you thru it. My partner Chuck Green (aka CHERRY) has over 30 years drag race experience and has helped many first-timers.

There will be a fee to enter the track grounds but once you are in its time for the fun to begin!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A little history about the founders of LX NATS

Top_Fuel said:
I haven't been to Quaker City since 1988. They used to host an annual event back in the mid-late 80s called the "Supercar Showdown." It was all stock musclecars competing against each other. It was a huge deal.
Turbobuckeye said:
You are correct. The promoter of that very same event was also the founder of the original NMCA (National Muscle Car Association) and he is now the co-promoter of the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS, Chuck Green.
Top_Fuel said:
I still have video tapes of the SuperCar Showdown they used to sell...and Chuck is in both of them! I still watch them once or twice a year. It's great to watch these guys hammer on cars that are probably worth too much money to drive now. I may have to make the drive up to Quaker City again. If Chuck is promoting it, I'm sure it will be a top-notch event.
Turbobuckeye said:
We look forward to seeing you make your homecoming trip back to Quaker City Raceway. I will be sure to pass on the kind words to Chuck. Thank you!!!
For those of you that don't know. I asked Chuck to help me with the LX NATS not only because he was an LX and Mopar enthusiast but he also had very successfully organized and run racing events for many years long before the LX-platform was born.

You'll never catch him tooting his own horn so I'm gonna do a little bit for him and lay out a little history on one of the co-founders of the LX NATS. Known to many, he was the person that originally started the NMCA-National Muscle Car Association (1985-1991). During this time as a drag racing enthusiast, promoter, mentor and friend to many he promoted events which were covered in 32 magazines; 17 which were front covers.

Do a google/internet search for "Chuck Green", "Car Craft Magazine", "Super Showdown" and you will see what I'm talking about. Chuck has been around drag racing a long time and continues to help new and upcoming enthusiasts get even better. If you have never drag raced before or just want to pick his brain about how to improve your times I'm sure he would be happy to help anyway he can.

See ya'll in JULY!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2009 LX & BEYOND NATS - Gate Fees & Race Rules

GATE FEES:

$100.00 - Racing (Car/Driver) / $60.00 - Car Show (Car/Driver) - - - - - for entire weekend

$10.00 (Per Day) - spectators, passengers and children 13 and over.

We understand the sensitive environment of the economy and for this reason we are NOT taking any registration fees up-front this year from racing and carshow participants. Everyone planning to enter the carshow or racing competitions will pay their entry fees at the gate this year. Chuck and I discussed this prior to the announcement of the 09 event and we are very much looking forward to seeing everyone this year but also did not want to add to any hardships you may be addressing during the early months of 2009. Hopefully, this will allow everyone to plan and save up for the event but also take care of other financial responsibilities that need your attention, as well as complete some knock-out modifications before the event!!!

WHO IS COMING:
We are officially 5 months away from the kickoff of the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS so we think its time to get the attendee list rolling so everyone can see who is coming, where they're coming from and what they are bringing? Post up HERE to get your name added to the attendee list.

Racing Rules and Information:

• All winners will be announced on Sunday, July 19th at the Event.
  • All facility rules apply and will be enforced by track employees during the event.
  • Drivers must have all the proper safety equipment including apparel designated by the track's sanctioning body.
  • Multiple vehicles registered by one person are allowed but there must be a driver for each vehicle. One Car, One Driver!
  • Vehicles allowed to race side by side are determined by track rules
  • All races will be run on a FULL .500 TREE
  1. Class Rules for No Limit - Quick 16 Competitions at LX & BEYOND NATIONALS Event (July 18-19, 2009):
    • This is a heads-up style drag racing class designed to attract a large variety of late-model Mopar-powered LX- and LC-platform vehicles ONLY
    • Developed for all 2005-newer Chrysler/Dodge-bodied cars using a late-model Mopar-style power plant.
    • All Mopar based engines are allowed.
    • This will be an ALL RUN qualifying format.
    • A Sportsman ladder will determine running order based off Saturday qualifying round.
    • All vehicles MUST pass track sanctioning body rules (IHRA) for ET and speed. Only exceptions are decided by track.
    • All vehicles will get a minimum of two (2) qualifying pass (3 if time allows) on Saturday. That will determine your ladder position by ET and MPH (if we have a tie on ET).
  2. Class Rules for Naturally Aspirated - Quick 16 Competitions at LX & BEYOND NATIONALS Event (July 18-19, 2009):
    • This is a heads-up style drag racing class designed to attract a large variety of late-model Mopar-powered LX- and LC-platform vehicles ONLY
    • Developed for all 2005-newer Chrysler/Dodge-bodied cars using a late-model Mopar-style power plant.
    • Only late-model Mopar-based engines are allowed.
    • All vehicles MUST pass track sanctioning body rules (IHRA) for ET and speed. Only exceptions are decided by track.
    • A Sportsman ladder will determine running order based off Saturday qualifying round.
    • All vehicles will get a minimum of two (2) qualifying pass (3 if time allows) on Saturday. That will determine your ladder position by ET and MPH (if we have a tie on ET).
  3. Class Rules for No Limit (Other) - Quick 16 Competition at LX & BEYOND NATIONALS Event (July 18-19, 2009):
    • This is a heads-up style drag racing class designed to attract a large variety of late-model Mopar-powered vehicles.
    • Open to any year Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Plymouth-bodied car or truck using a Mopar power plant.
  4. Class Rules for Bracket Racing Competition at LX & BEYOND NATIONALS Event (July 18-19, 2009):
    • A Sportsman ladder will determine running order based off Saturday qualifying round, closest to dial-in without exceeding.
    • Delay boxes, cross-over boxes, or any "reaction-time related" electronic bracket racing aids prohibited in this class. Throttle stops and all related throttle-stop type accessories prohibited. Trans brake permitted.
    • All vehicles will get a minimum of two (2) qualifying pass (3 if time allows) on Saturday. That will help you select your Dial-In Time or your ET.
CLASS DESIGNATIONS/BRACKET:
Bracket classes are outlined as follows:

A Bracket: 11.49-Quicker
B Bracket: 11.50-12.99
C Bracket: 13.00 - Slower​

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
T-SHIRT:
We are still looking for vehicles for the event t-shirt for the LX & BEYOND NATIONALS. As we have always done in the past, ONLY forum members/vendors that are planning to attend the event will be eligible to submit pictures to be featured on this year's shirt. Both vendors and forum members are eligible to submit images for entry. Your vehicle MUST be modified. If you are interested, please PM or e-mail turbobuckeye (Anthony) for details. We will stop accepting entries after April 18 in order to allow time for the artwork to be completed and have the t-shirts available for sale before the event.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where are those CSRT4's at?

3 months to go and the list is already up to 181 !!!

50-Magnum | 14-300's | 71-Charger | 15-Challenger | 1-300C EuroWagon

2-Cherokee SRT | 2-Crossfire SRT | 8-SRT4 | 6-Caliber SRT

27-US States | 1-Canada Province​

Will we hit 200 before the 18th?!?!?!?

More announcements coming soon! :D

Anthony
LX NATS
Founder

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Attention Vendors!!!

LISTEN UP EVERYBODY: If you are a vendor/company or know of a vendor/company that YOU want to see in attendance at the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS have them give us a call (614.633.8033) or PM me their info and I will contact them. :bigthumb:

201 (and counting...) LX/LC Owners and SRT enthusiast planning to meet & greet, compete in a car show and/or drag racing sounds like a pretty darn good reason to make your presence felt. For anybody sitting on the fence that thinks this is "just a forum-based event" I challenge you to go to your favorite search engine and do a search for "lxandbeyondnats" or "lx & beyond nationals".

Whether it is distance or spare time that you are concerned about there is NO OTHER event in the United States left this season that you will get a chance to showcase your products or showoff your performance upgrades or your enthusiasm/passion for the LX/LC-platform and SRT cars.

Will you be one of those saying "I should have gone" or one of THESE GUYS.

69 Days until the kick-off of the 2009 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS, LET'S GO!!!

Anthony
LX NATS
Founder

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Vendor Midway Update: Monday, June 29, 2009

Who Is Going to Be in Attendance? - Monday, June 29, 2009

AP Bikini Team, Billet Technology, BND Automotive, Clear Channel Radio Station,
Corsa Performance, DiabloSport, F4 Challenge, Grip Tuning, JJ's Precision Guesswork,
Late Model Speed, LX Forums, Mickey Thompson Tires, North Coast Turbo, Pelotonia Team,
R-Value Intakes, RDP Motorsport, Redfox-Racing, Summit Racing Equipment, True 2 Form,
Whatsnewsnx, Wiseco Pistons, and more surprise guests....

Vendors, if you are not listed then you will not have a vendor space,
if I accidentally missed anybody please send me an email or PM immediately.

There will be no additions at the gate.
[email protected]

Only 19 more days to GO!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.