Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you think? Everyone always talks about a new model, but the SRT is different slightly that it isn't a 100% brand new platform; so will the pioneers who bought the standard caliber have worked most of the bugs out of the SRT4 when it comes out or will it be plauged with the normal first year bugs?

I'm hoping it was like the neon srt4 which did pretty well even though so much was different on the srt model versus the standard platform
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,881 Posts
Hopefully most of the bugs will have been worked out...the washer dripping, armrest moving etc, but i could only assume that any parts that are specific to the srt4 *may* have bugs that will show their ugly heads...heres hoping that there arent any tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
Well considering the only real difference in the two platforms is a turbo charger, limited slip, a few body panels, and a 6 spd manual transmission.

I'd certainly hope they'd have worked everything else out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ptperformance said:
They should but be ready for the recalls. First year model cars always have bugs in them.
Got a number for how many the Neon SRT4 had in its first year? That's the point, SRT vehicles are different in a sense from a brand spanking new model
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
696 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
Got a number for how many the Neon SRT4 had in its first year? That's the point, SRT vehicles are different in a sense from a brand spanking new model
For the first year SRT-4 neon about 7 come to mind and they have over 100 TSB (technical service bullitins) by 2005 for the 03 model year. I understand that they are different but the SRT's version gets a new tranny, clutch, motor internals, turbo, exhaust, shifter, and on and on and on. They are going to have the body and electrical all locked down so there should be very few problems with that but all the other parts that are different (hmmm boost gauge for the neon srt-4 is just one item) then the standard Caliber will have some failures as well. Only time will tell and they have gotten much much better on there builds since the competition has.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Banned
Joined
·
696 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
http://www.dodgeforum.com/recalls-and-tsbs/make_DODGE/model_NEON/year_2004/TSB.htm

You want to try backing up comments like that instead of posting crap? The 03 neon has had 21 TSB's to date which may not even apply to the SRT4

All Neon TSB's
2003 - 21
2004 - 14
2005 - 13
You work at a dodge dealer? Go to the MDSII and look at the TSB's for the neons. Lets see this is just off the top of my head. PCM recall, cam jounal recall, motor recall. TSB's steering clunk, tps wiring, exhaust rattle, rear end clunk, brake noise, paint finsh on the spoiler, and the list goes on and on. If you want I can head on down to the dealer and dig them all up for you. There are some that are even region specific. But you seem to have a hold here on this forum as the "forum expert" so I will not take that glory away from you. If you work at the dealer then so be it if not you can only look so far into what the "net" will show you on recalls and TSB's. There is a thing called a silent recall (neon head gaskets come to mind from 96 to 99 or all 2.0 and 2.4 motors for that matter).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
You can check for TSBs for any model on ALLDATA.COM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ptperformance said:
You work at a dodge dealer? Go to the MDSII and look at the TSB's for the neons. Lets see this is just off the top of my head. PCM recall, cam jounal recall, motor recall. TSB's steering clunk, tps wiring, exhaust rattle, rear end clunk, brake noise, paint finsh on the spoiler, and the list goes on and on. If you want I can head on down to the dealer and dig them all up for you. There are some that are even region specific. But you seem to have a hold here on this forum as the "forum expert" so I will not take that glory away from you. If you work at the dealer then so be it if not you can only look so far into what the "net" will show you on recalls and TSB's. There is a thing called a silent recall (neon head gaskets come to mind from 96 to 99 or all 2.0 and 2.4 motors for that matter).
So first of all, we are talking about Neon SRT4 recalls... i could care less about all Neon recalls from the 90's forward. No glory involved, I posted a resouce showing the TSB's for that model and year... you said it was 100, it was actually 21... you've got better information, perfect that is what we're after. I'm no expert, never have been... never will be.

Maybe you're 12th post will be usefull ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Either way, the 03-05 SRT's shared the same level of quality as the regular ass Neons (leaky floorboards, rattling interior, etc.) because they are just that, a beefed up Neon. Not only did the SRT have problems like the regular Neon, it had a few of its own bugs...I guarantee the SRT Caliber will have its share of bugs coming from the regular Caliber as well as a few SRT bugs of its own. I bet the SRT Caliber will share the same level of quality as the entry level Caliber, except with a beefed up motor, beefed up suspension, and exterior pieces to try and set it apart, just like every other SRT vehicle in the SRT lineup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Neon RT Drivr21 said:
Either way, the 03-05 SRT's shared the same level of quality as the regular ass Neons (leaky floorboards, rattling interior, etc.) because they are just that, a beefed up Neon. Not only did the SRT have problems like the regular Neon, it had a few of its own bugs...I guarantee the SRT Caliber will have its share of bugs coming from the regular Caliber as well as a few SRT bugs of its own. I bet the SRT Caliber will share the same level of quality as the entry level Caliber, except with a beefed up motor, beefed up suspension, and exterior pieces to try and set it apart, just like every other SRT vehicle in the SRT lineup.
As far as I know, the exhaust pinging, leaky washer nozzle, and moving arm rest issues on the early shipments have since been fixed.... one could hope things like the water leaking through the floorboards may find a fix between now and then and get integrated into the SRT4.

The common problems don't often seem to be engine/drivetrain/suspension and or brakes anyways which is mostly what is changing in the SRT transformation.... so I am not sure despite the mechanical facelift there is often equally incremental exposure to quality problems.

To my (limited) knowledge, other SRT vehicles (i.e. SRT8) besides some brake dust, and a software glitch causing upshift hesitation have been the only additional TSB's as a result of the SRT mechanical changes. Sounds as if I am trying to talk myself into thinking that the grass will be greener, not sure all my assumptions are logical or not thus why I ask the community for their thoughts
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
696 Posts
bigtsr said:
You can check for TSBs for any model on ALLDATA.COM
It doesnt cover every TSB. I have access to an Alldata and a MSDII and there are several differences in between them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
Got a number for how many the Neon SRT4 had in its first year? That's the point, SRT vehicles are different in a sense from a brand spanking new model
i just counted on the techconnect website (i am a dodge tech) there were 2 actual recalls on the 2003 neon srt4 they were

1. Customer satidfaction notification no c24 owners manual engine oil recommendation correction
2. Customer satidfaction notification no c08 Replace Powertrain Control Module

BUT there were 73 TSBs for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
on a lighter note we have had very few calibers come in for anykind of service work at all besides the usual maintenance, and alignments and such.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top