Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two issues I would like to see if anyone else is having problems with. Then first, I brought my car in this past oil change for the exhaust ticking/clicking after I drive. There was a TSB and they replaced the muffler. About 2-3 weeks later it started again. I just had it in for an oil change at another Dodge dealer and mentioned that it is ticking again. When I picked it up they said they couldn't hear anything. I drove home and sure enough, it was ticking when I got home. This isn't an intermittant thing. It does it EVERY time I drive it!!!:mad: Does anyone else have this issue? I have read the threads about exhaust ping and with a TSB and so many having this problem why can't I get it fixed?
The next issue is wind noise coming from the door. Once the weather turned cold and I stopped driving with the sunroof and window open I noticed a wind noise coming from the driver's door like something isn't sealing. I mentioned it as well yesterday. Again, they didn't hear anything but tightened the door to close tighter. On the way home I still hear it. It doesn't sound any different. Does anyone else hear wind noise? Is this normal for this car?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
No noticable wind noise here. Actually i have found it to be nearly as quiet as my lincoln below 70mph.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Likewise no noticable windnoise and ticking has not returned since the repair was completed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have wind noise - it sounds like the driver's side front door. I thought about putting a little "english" on the door frame and tighten things up a bit, but it it didn't help yours maybe not.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Mine also has some wind noise on the driverside front window. Not sure when I will make time to get it fixed. I keep forgetting to ask at work about it to find out if there is an easy fix I can do myself.

What is you build date and model?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi scubasprout - I go to Scarsview Chrysler just noth of Morningside and 401.

They have treated me fairly for the past 4 years.

·
Registered
432 Posts
scubasprout said:
I have the RT.

OLDGUY.... What did your dealer do to fix the ticking?
They replaced the pipe and muffler. Took about an hour to do the work.

For some reason my signature is not showing up on the message even though it is checked to show. Any ideas? See two messages above. I see it now appears in this one.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I just went outside to take a close look at my w/strip driverside and I think I might have found the reason. I just need to remember to make time next week to walk over to that area at work and talk with the other team leaders about it. They would know better about any vendor defects they might have seen in the past and I'll look at their stock to see if it's looks like mine.

TO BE CONTINUED...... :cool:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I'm getting some noise on the driver's side. I think it's because the black, sail shaped triangle that the mirror is attatched to isn't fitting flush to the rubber flange. there is about a 1/32" gap. The passenger side fits tight. Next time I go on the highway i'll stick some masking tape on it and see if it cures the problem. Of course I havn't hit a deer in the Caliber yet, so maybe it"s a built-in DEER WHISTLE.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same wind noise on the Drivers side...Usually doesnt bother me with the Stereo cranked but when it's turned down I can hear it

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Oldguy said:
They replaced the pipe and muffler. Took about an hour to do the work.

For some reason my signature is not showing up on the message even though it is checked to show. Any ideas? See two messages above. I see it now appears in this one.
*i think* that the signatures only show up once per page. so if you have made 5 comments on a page your signature only shows up on the first comment, if you made 10 comments than it only shows up once...on the first comment...

this is what i seem to have figured out any way lol :p

·
Registered
432 Posts
That sounds reasonable so it should appear in this message.

·
Registered
11 Posts
xlimodriver said:
Of course I havn't hit a deer in the Caliber yet, so maybe it"s a built-in DEER WHISTLE.
Nope - I hit a deer on October 30th. :mad: Actually it hit me, all the damage was on the passenger rear door.

IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 - please keep us updated on your findings.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I start another work week tonight at 10:30pm so if I don't forget to check on it tonight I should post my findings Monday morning after 8:30am.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
TiddlerRacer said:
Nope - I hit a deer on October 30th. :mad: Actually it hit me, all the damage was on the passenger rear door.

$14,000 damage. Installed deer whistles soon after.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
TiddlerRacer said:
Yikes! $14,000?!?! At least you got something to eat out of the deal. ;)
Not really, the towtruck driver ate Bambi.:eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts