Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

The other day when I was driving at night, I looked down at the buttons to open my automatic windows on my SXT and noticed that only one of the 4 switches (the drivers side window) was illuminated. I turned on the cabin light and noticed that there is a little piece of glass on all four of the switches as well as all of the switches that controls the windows that are on each door. Are all of these switches supposed to be illuminated? The little piece of glass makes it look like they all should. I called my dealer and they said they have to wait till night to check it out. Do I not have the right package to get those to light up (I only have the driver's convenience group)? Any ideas?

-Jon-

·
Registered
775 Posts
Every car I've ever owned with electric windows, only the driver's window switch was illuminated. I didn't even think about the others being lit. I just assumed that the little window on the other three was so that Dodge could save money in the manufacturing process. Instead of making two kinds of switches, they only make one kind (then just stamp "auto" on 1/4 of them).

·
Registered
96 Posts
In addition to the above posts, I also wish that there was a indicator on the switches or somewhere to remind you that a window is open. This is especially wished for the back windows as I have left them open after forgetting that they were open.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts