Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I brought my caliber in to have a few things looked at last week. Namely the exhaust ping, but also because my front doors would creak whenever I rolled the windows all the way up. So the service tech said that the pinging was normal and that there was no TSB out about it and so they couldn't do anything about that (load of BS but that's already been covered on the forums). Apparently though the window thing was due to the actual mechanism knocking the door panel due to the metal flexing when it was torqued by the window motor. So anyway I had my car in the shop overnight while they tried to fix it, I got a rental more on that further down. They weren't able to fix it and said that they needed to order new door panels to get the issue dealt with. I said alright, picked my caliber up and was told that the parts should be in within a week.

Well it's been a week so I called them today. I talked to the parts department and they didn't have any parts orders for me. A wha? Yup, they didn't order the parts. The people in service didn't bother getting back to parts to give them authorization to order the parts after they had looked up the part numbers that they needed. So, I called earlier today round about 10ish PST. It's now 1:30pm and I haven't heard back from them. Naturally I called back and apparently the person that is supposed to handle it isn't at his desk right now. Woohoo... So the parts guy is on theh look out for him, there's a note waiting at his desk saying to call me, along with the previous call that was supposed to get his attention on the issue. We'll see what happens.

NOW, the rental car... I bought the extended warranty which authorizes a rental car for me whenever I have service that is overnight and is more than 4 hours worth of labor. I sat around at the dealer for several hours after I had first arrived while I waited for them to diagnose the issue. After a while they finally said that it'd take a while to do it all and that I could get the rental no problem (ish). Now though, there is a charge on my credit card for $28 with a temporary authorization for $150 from enterprise. I will be calling enterprise in a few minutes to ask them what's going on and then I'll be re-calling the dealership to ask them WHY there's a charge on my credit card for a rental car that was supposed to be covered by them. I'll be very pissed off if they try and tell me that I had to cover the rental. I didn't buy that F***ing extended warranty so that I'd have to pay for my rental whenever I discovered a defect in my car. grrr

·
Registered
901 Posts
Amandyke said:
NOW, the rental car... I bought the extended warranty which authorizes a rental car for me whenever I have service that is overnight and is more than 4 hours worth of labor. I sat around at the dealer for several hours after I had first arrived while I waited for them to diagnose the issue. After a while they finally said that it'd take a while to do it all and that I could get the rental no problem (ish). Now though, there is a charge on my credit card for $28 with a temporary authorization for $150 from enterprise. I will be calling enterprise in a few minutes to ask them what's going on and then I'll be re-calling the dealership to ask them WHY there's a charge on my credit card for a rental car that was supposed to be covered by them. I'll be very pissed off if they try and tell me that I had to cover the rental. I didn't buy that F***ing extended warranty so that I'd have to pay for my rental whenever I discovered a defect in my car. grrr
It's supposed to be just a deposit. You'll get it credited back when you return the rental. The service dept should have given you paperwork to give to Enterprise that authorizes the charge to go to the dealer. -- at least, this is the way it's always worked for me, with the locations I've dealt with.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
SO I finally got a call back from the service department. Apparently there was a "mixup between the parts department and us and there was a problem with which part we ordered and your part will be here next week. parts should call you sometime around then." A.K.A. He forgot to tell parts to order the f***ing part and is trying to cover his ass by making up a story rather than fessing up to his error. He's a nice guy, good to talk to, but c'mon now. Anyway, that's the status thus far.

DodgeGirlKathy said:
It's supposed to be just a deposit. You'll get it credited back when you return the rental. The service dept should have given you paperwork to give to Enterprise that authorizes the charge to go to the dealer. -- at least, this is the way it's always worked for me, with the locations I've dealt with.
Apparently the dealer was billed for it and paid for it, but I still somehow got charged. It'll be taken care of tomorrow by Enterprise.

Check that. Apparently my dealership decided NOT to pay for it. Enterprise is calling them to confirm and will then get back to me as to the actual situation. Namely if I need to call back my dealer and get my blood pressure up.

Ok nevermind they are paying for it. Guess enterprise dropped the ball on that one. Oh well.

·
Registered
901 Posts
amandyke, you've been without your Caliber for a week? :eek: *withdrawals*

I'm lookin at 3-4 days, which does not count the weekend, as our dealerships are usually not open on weekends. (Some B.S. games they have to play, being in the Motor City, about the max hours they can be open.) *withdrawals!!*

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DodgeGirlKathy said:
amandyke, you've been without your Caliber for a week? :eek: *withdrawals*

I'm lookin at 3-4 days, which does not count the weekend, as our dealerships are usually not open on weekends. (Some B.S. games they have to play, being in the Motor City, about the max hours they can be open.) *withdrawals!!*
No no, I only had the rental over night. They had to order the part so I just took it home. Good thing I did too, cause now since the part will be here NEXT week, and I'll be GONE next week. They'd probobly try and force me to pay for the rental on the days after they recieved the part. But anyway, No i was only without it for a day. And I had a Pontiac G6 for that day. That's a fun car. The v6 gets better mileage than our calibers, puts down more power, and HAULS ASS. It was fun.

But yah Bulldogger, you can go get the door thing fixed if you want to. I doubt it'll get any better as the metal wears from the flexing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts